PDA

View Full Version : im faced with a hard decision

RobM
11-12-2004, 10:19 PM
well i was confronted with a very temping offer today. some one told me they would trade their mint 67 olds cutless for my camaro project. this Olds is simply buitifull. its red with black stripes has a 330 in it and is perfect. i dont see my camaro running for at least another half year and im close to loosing my indoor work space. what should i do? i love this body style Olds but i also love my camaro and ive been working on it for 2 years now and would have a hard time givving it away. But this olds is perfect and it looks down right awsome. plus an olds is a very unique and uncommon car some one talk me out of this pleease! I have invested heavily in my camaro so i dont know if i could give it away. intro wheels and black paint jobs dont come easy to a young adult earning his money with truely crappy jobs. but this olds is really seductive.

Bill Howell
11-12-2004, 11:10 PM
My experiance with trades has never worked out like I had hoped. Even if you are six months or a year out on the camaro, at least you know exactly what you have.If you are tired of it just give the project a break. A few months of storage rental still is better than trading for something on the spur of the moment. Also remember the value of both cars when finished. There is a reason that there are not as many cutlass's out there. Personally I like oldsmobiles but resale is not as good on them as a camaro.Now, you have the one advantage that the rest of us will not have-you have seen both cars and hopefully have gone over the cutlass very good.It may be your best route but take a day or two and really think about it. Is that instant graditude of driving now worth the chance you are taking on trading for an unknown car? I say tough it out and finish the camaro. In the long run it will be worth the trouble.

RobM
11-12-2004, 11:18 PM
thanks for the advice and i deffinalty agree. i was just having a moment of frustration and insanity :rolleyes5 . its not helping that i am having some trouble getting things right with my car. But ive done some real thinking and i could never live with my self i was driving some one ellses project, im sure alot of people on this board understand. ive also realized that i enjoy building cars as much if not more than driving them and im sure im going to miss the build once the car is compleeted. and the fact that the camaro is non comleeted and worth as much as alot of finished cars helps alot too. I like having cars that will maintain their value. gues i have to wait for an olds when i get out of school and get a real job. then ill get my collection going :drool:

socalfandabodys
11-12-2004, 11:18 PM
you will regret it in the long run. If you really like the look of a 67 cutlass they are alot cheaper than camaros as the market isnt that big for them and you can go and get one when you get a little more money for around $3000-$5000.

zbugger
11-12-2004, 11:21 PM
I agree with Bill. Think about it. Think about all the work you've put into the Camaro and the feeling that you will have when you have finished it. For everything that you've put into it. Are you gonna get that feeling with the Olds? The Camaro has meaning to you now. I say finish it. There will be other cars in the future. But whatever you do, don't hold regrets.

Bill Howell
11-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Rob,
One thing I forgot to mention was this. I have been around long enough to know people who bought a car from someone else locally and that vehicle was forever branded as the first guy's car. It was never the second guy's car. You touched on that in your reply about the cutlass. If it is a locally known car it will always be that guy's car when people talk about it. Anyway, sounds like you are thinking straight now so hang in there and finish that camaro. My 69 took three years to restore and still could use alittle this and that.
Seee Yaa!!!

RobM
11-13-2004, 09:37 PM
i dont know what came over me, i wasnt thinking clearly. today i went out reorganized my garage california dusted the camaro to get it gleeming again and the excitement started flowing once again. thanks for the pick me up though it helped alot. This car made me some what of a legand in high school and even though im in college now i still like the bragging rights.

ProdigyCustoms
11-13-2004, 09:45 PM
A Camaro in a basket is worth double the nicest 67 Cutlass on the planet. But it looks like you already came to your senses.