PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with this?!

protour_chevelle
10-10-2006, 10:56 AM
So I have been running my hydroboost set-up for all summer now(I didn't by a kit, I used a used hydroboost unit and made lines, etc) with the Corvette (1978 with 1" bore) mastercylinder and BAER's 12" kit all around. 2 piston up front and singles in the rear. Now I ran a guy 3 times on the weekend. Probably to 180km/h then stopped pretty hard each time. No tires squeeling. Now at the end of the night I lost all rear brakes. What is causing this? I have checked and there does not seem to be any broken or split brake lines. I'm stumped and it sucks. Totally threw me for a spin in the rain!!!!

-Matt

Madspeed
10-10-2006, 11:39 AM
First things first.
does the pedal feel low?
Do you have pressure at the rear?
Did you try bleeding them yet?
I know the Dumb basics... but we need to start somewhere

protour_chevelle
10-10-2006, 06:23 PM
Well I found out that I blew both my front steel braided lines afterschool today(no brakes at all) and the rears I'm not sure about??? I doubt BAER will even help me and send out replacements in a timely matter so does anyone know what brake lines I should order from goodridge??? What car can I use as a reference car because my car was 4 wheel drums originally... These brake line kits are cheaper then the local hydraulic shops aswell...

-Matt

Madspeed
10-10-2006, 07:18 PM
You can actually buy the parts to make your own brake lines.
it aint cheap but the quality is outstanding.

I bought the same stuff for my self made hydroboost and it cost me 200 + in hose and fittings.

If you can find a local supplyer and match them up?

Other than that youl need to have them made by a hose shop

protour_chevelle
10-10-2006, 07:50 PM
You can actually buy the parts to make your own brake lines.
it aint cheap but the quality is outstanding.

I bought the same stuff for my self made hydroboost and it cost me 200 + in hose and fittings.

If you can find a local supplyer and match them up?

Other than that youl need to have them made by a hose shop

Yea, Its amazing how fast these parts add up!!!

I'll dig around some catalogues I have and see what I can do. Maybe this will give me a good reason to start tearing the car down over winter.

-Matt

BobB66SS
10-11-2006, 05:51 PM
Baer does sell their hoses separately, needed a replacement one myself from doing some suspension work (wasn't sure I needed to replace it but didn't want to risk the issues you just went thru). Contact them directly. You're right that they're not cheap, around $45 each + shipping as I recall but they had them in stock when I needed mine.

MonzaRacer
10-20-2006, 08:45 PM
Yeah as for them guys you cant beat their service .And after meeting Todd on Power tour a few times he always has time to answer some goofy questions.