PDA

View Full Version : 10/28 @ Thunderhill

Damn True
10-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Nor-Cal SAAC is having an event @ T-hill on the 28th. Anyone going?

camcojb
10-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Nor-Cal SAAC is having an event @ T-hill on the 28th. Anyone going?

Yes, a friend and I are going up to watch Charley run his Shelby. Saturday only for us.

Jody

Damn True
10-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Wife is out of town that weekend, I think I'll have to make a run up there.

camcojb
10-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Well, I spent the day up there with Charley, Blown353, and 907RS from the boards. Had a great time.

Jody

Damn True
10-28-2006, 10:07 PM
My wife got home from a 2 week trip to China last night. Sorry Jody, I'm sure you are a great guy, but I hadda spend time with her.

camcojb
10-29-2006, 09:18 AM
My wife got home from a 2 week trip to China last night. Sorry Jody, I'm sure you are a great guy, but I hadda spend time with her.

Sounds like a good choice.................. I'm not that much fun! :woot:

Jody

zbugger
10-29-2006, 11:13 AM
Sounds like a good choice.................. I'm not that much fun! :woot:

Jody

This is very true.:wedgie:

Hope you guys had a great time. I wound up going to Pardise for Matt and Becky's wedding. Great day all around, except for the five hours I spent driving.

Blown353
10-29-2006, 07:02 PM
I was there Saturday, got sick Sunday night and couldn't make it back to drive my car on the track on Sunday.

I stuffed a friend's car into the weeds on the inside of turn 10. LOL.

First time for me on that track, first time driving that particular car, brand new front brakes biased a bit too far rearward, too much entry speed and too much trail braking resulted in some fun. Got to turn 10 and the braking ability, available traction, and available talent proved to be a bit less than I initially estimated. :drive1:

The best part is the Heads On photo guys got a complete series of me a little sideways, me VERY sideways, then the car plowing a nice furrow for track drainage. Once I get the CD from them I'll post the series of pictures.

The 'Stang that I wrench & tune on was the fastest car on the track Saturday. That thing is a wild, wild ride. Our max speed down the front straight was 146mph on the limiter. Did I mention the owner/driver doesn't brake going into 1? We had a little tank slapper in an early afternoon session in turn 1 that could have ended badly if he hadn't gathered it up, the marshals in the stand between turns 1 and 2 were clapping for us when we went by. The car needed a little less gear out back but nobody felt like crawling on their back to swap the 3.90's for the 3.70's or 3.50's. Eventually I'll get to drive it once I stop taking the owners other cars off the pavement for rally action. He advised the dirt was for my Subaru, not for his Mustangs. LOL!

What was incredible though was seeing a supercharged new Z06 on the track. With the SC, better Brembo brakes replacing the factory ones, and a set of Hoosiers, that sucker was flat out HAULING ASS and was running away from many track-only cars. And it still had the complete interior and AC!

Fun track though, my first time driving it. I'm still not comfortable at all with turns 5 or 8.

I'll be back for the Shelby Club's other T-Hill day in April. They're a great group of guys and put on a very well organized event.