PDA

View Full Version : LS2 Accessory help

Midnight68
10-08-2006, 04:50 PM
I am in the process of buying a crate LS2 motor. Will the accessory serpentine system work off an LS1 f-body? I dont plan on running AC, just alt. and P.S. What about a serpentine off the 5.3 and 6.0 trucks.

PRRC
10-08-2006, 06:06 PM
no the ls1 access. wont work. the balancer and the water pump are differant, kid of like the chevy long water pump and short. ls1 are longer than the ls2. We are in the same boat. Billet Specialties tru trac will work of you chenge balancer and pump.But you cant run drive by wire with it alt.is in the way. There is another company called Synister products thats making a surp. sytem now.check with them or theres always S&P. Hope This Helps. Tim

parsonsj
10-08-2006, 06:16 PM
You owe yourself a phone call or web visit to Wegner Motorsports. They've got exactly what you're looking for (I think).

Check out this cute little movie.

http://www.wegnerautomotive2.com/movie_1-belt_v2.wmv

jp

camcojb
10-08-2006, 08:05 PM
You owe yourself a phone call or web visit to Wegner Motorsports. They've got exactly what you're looking for (I think).

jp

No AC?!!! :crying:

Jody

datsbad
10-09-2006, 07:52 PM
I have F-Body acc on my LS2 and it all works fine!
In fact I have a Fbody balancer , F body ac set up from S&P , F Body alt , LS2 GTO water pump and LS2 GTO powersteering pump

So yes F Body acc will work on the LS2 !

datsbad
10-09-2006, 07:55 PM

jp

Just curious , but how is it any different or better than stock accesories? Besides looks I dont see a gain in anything. Unless packaging is a concern

TitoJones
10-09-2006, 08:48 PM
Just wait until after SEMA, there is a new system coming out.

Tyler

Midnight68
10-10-2006, 11:48 AM
My thought is I would like to run the stock f-body ls1 acc. simply because they are cheap and plentiful. While s&p and everyone makes nice kits they are expensive and I dont like the chrome look. I am more about function than looks. I am just not going to spend $2300 on a chrome serpentine system. If I can make a stock Ls1 system work it will function as well if not better and save me money to use for a performance gain instead of a little "bling" under the hood.

datsbad
10-10-2006, 12:28 PM
My thought is I would like to run the stock f-body ls1 acc. simply because they are cheap and plentiful. While s&p and everyone makes nice kits they are expensive and I dont like the chrome look. I am more about function than looks. I am just not going to spend $2300 on a chrome serpentine system. If I can make a stock Ls1 system work it will function as well if not better and save me money to use for a performance gain instead of a little "bling" under the hood.

Stock F body will work fine.

camcojb
10-10-2006, 12:30 PM
Just curious , but how is it any different or better than stock accesories? Besides looks I dont see a gain in anything. Unless packaging is a concern

Packaging is my concern with the turbos. Something like the front runner would be perfect, and it appears there will be one at or about SEMA, so that's my plan at this point.

Plus I am not sure if there is a stock bolt on setup that allows A/C and clears the early frames. The only ones I've seen that might have the stuff hanging up real high which won't work for me.

Jody

Damn True
10-10-2006, 01:22 PM
In Steve's LS2 parts thing a month or two ago they showed a katech tensioner and mentioned a propensity for LSx motors to pitch belts at high RPM's. How prevalent is that condition?

4MuscleMachines
10-10-2006, 09:31 PM
In Steve's LS2 parts thing a month or two ago they showed a katech tensioner and mentioned a propensity for LSx motors to pitch belts at high RPM's. How prevalent is that condition?
I can't speak for others, but I've never had an issue in my 69 LSx Camaro.

andrewb70
10-15-2006, 09:50 AM

Its only prevalent if you actually drive your car hard. Every time I go to the drag strip I bring a 15mm wrench with me. I use it about every other pass. Is that prevalent? I should really get that Katech tensioner. They developed it for the C5R program.

Andrew

Steve1968LS2
10-15-2006, 10:28 AM
Yep.. I'm running LS1 f-body stuff on my LS2.. I am running an ATI f-bod balancer and Mezeire water pump.

The Katech tensioner is the best $$ you can spend..

And the belt-toss deal only has to happen once to be a PITA.. :)