PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood e-brakes: Too Much effort

parsonsj
10-08-2006, 03:49 PM
Anybody have any experience with Wilwood's e-brake setup? I'm using Lokar cables and lever, and I've really got to put some effort into it to make 'em work. I mean every last bit of strength to set those brakes. Then I need to have my Wheaties to release 'em.

Is that normal? If not, any tips or ideas what might be wrong?

thanks!

jp

Madspeed
10-08-2006, 08:04 PM
Sounds to me like you might have the wrong leverage at the E Brake handle.
Did you contact lokar?
if they cant answer it I would try and drill new cable holes closer to the pivots ( on the ebrake handle assy )

How much can you pull the handle up befor it gets to hard?

parsonsj
10-08-2006, 08:33 PM
No ... I haven't contacted Lokar. I was working from the brake side ... but your point is good. I'll give 'em a call tomorrow.

I can pull the handle about 4 clicks (depending on where my adjustment is). I think it has 8-10 available. A more advantageous lever ratio might help.

thanks,
jp

parsonsj
10-09-2006, 05:58 AM
Eric at Lokar tells me that if I have excessive clearance between the shoe and drum, then all the "good leverage" is used up taking that out. That's plausible, so I'll have a look at that in the next few days.

Wilwood's installation instructions have no text on how to adjust the shoes in the e-brake. For lack of a better idea, I'm going to adjust them out a bit, and see how that works.

Anybody got a clue on how to adjust these? Slight drag?

jp

Madspeed
10-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Adjust them untill its as tight as possible ( this way your shure to take up all the slack) then back them off untill you can turn them with a very slight drag.

This is onley my educated opinnion not fact from Wilwood.

Ken F

zbugger
10-09-2006, 07:05 PM
....How much can you pull the handle up befor it gets to hard?

I can't believe I just saw this one....:banghead:

Beegs
10-09-2006, 07:13 PM
I can't believe I just saw this one....:banghead:

LOL!

6'9"Witha69
10-09-2006, 08:16 PM
Only Allen!!