PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Type III power steering pump

rocketrod
11-10-2004, 08:33 PM
I just purchased a set of Street & Performance pulleys (used) and the set requires a Type III power steering pump. I must be looking in all the wrong places online, because the only place I have found one for sale is at DSE for $185 (with integral resevoir). I have no problem paying that for the pump, but I would like to do some comparative shopping first. Any leads would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rod

OHCbird
11-10-2004, 11:28 PM
The T3 pumps come with different outlet hookups & styles; are you looking to get the same as what DSE sells?

There are a few aftermarket manufacturers that resell the aluminum pump body (Sweet, KSE) all the way up to billet pump bodies (KSE, Woodward).

rocketrod
11-11-2004, 05:08 AM
OHCbird,

Thanks for the info. The only reason I mentioned DSE was the individual I bought the pulleys from was running one. I thought about buying his but it has a remote resevoir an I do not want to run any additional lines. I will check into the manufacturers you mentioned and I will also call Street & Performance.

OHCbird
11-11-2004, 07:26 PM
OK- so you don't want a remote resevoir. I thought you did... You might try a LS1 style pump, or even the V-6 unit. Hit up Ebay- There are plenty out there.