PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Touring '69 Camaro R/C Toy!

Nine Ball
11-10-2004, 02:49 PM
Pretty cool for a Radio Shack toy. This one is the first one produced, the Prez over at Year One emailed me the photos. He said the lights up front open up, and that it has a radio built in, an alarm sound, etc... pretty neat.

Dial up warning, BIG photos!

http://www.ls1tech.com/misc/NOV8R01.jpg
http://www.ls1tech.com/misc/NOV8R02.jpg
http://www.ls1tech.com/misc/NOV8R03.jpg
http://www.ls1tech.com/misc/NOV8R04.jpg
http://www.ls1tech.com/misc/NOV8R05.jpg

Here is the real car it was modeled after:
http://www.brphotrods.com/1969_NOV8TR_update/69camaro.html

Pricing and release date has not been offered yet, but you can bet I'll buy one :D

Tony

mdprovee
11-10-2004, 03:56 PM
Now that looks like a good xmas present.

Mike

Foudie
11-10-2004, 04:05 PM
We manufacture high performance radio control products. For example we have a gas car that has a two speed tranny, all wheel drive and does 73 mph out of the box. It currently has a Porsche body, but I have been kicking around the idea of a "Vintage Series" that would have bodies of first gen camaros, mustangs and mopars. If I thought there was a solid market for it I would have them in the stores already. I was even thinking that they could sanction a vintage class at the R/C races.

Brad

Flynlo416
11-10-2004, 04:23 PM
HPI offers all of that and then some including ready to run cars. They have all the muscle car bodies and alot of older pick em up trucks. They also offer them all in electric and gas powered versions. www.hpiracing.com

Foudie
11-10-2004, 04:35 PM
HPI offers all of that and then some including ready to run cars. They have all the muscle car bodies and alot of older pick em up trucks. They also offer them all in electric and gas powered versions. www.hpiracing.com

Crap! I forgot they had all those bodies. Oh well I still think we may sanction an actual class at the races. HPI makes some cool shells but they dont have any Camaro or Mustang or Mopar stuff to my knowledge. Just the ElCamino and a couple others. They are a top notch company though...we are on their tails.

Foudie
11-10-2004, 04:37 PM
I take that back, nice General Lee :drive:

will69camaro
11-10-2004, 05:12 PM
There is a 69 camaro body out for RC cars, i think parma (or some other name that starts with a P) has them. They dont look great but it gets the idea across...I'd like to see a body that is like the yearone car or atleast more realistic then they are now.

William

Flynlo416
11-10-2004, 10:08 PM
Crap! I forgot they had all those bodies. Oh well I still think we may sanction an actual class at the races. HPI makes some cool shells but they dont have any Camaro or Mustang or Mopar stuff to my knowledge. Just the ElCamino and a couple others. They are a top notch company though...we are on their tails.
So what makes your stuff so great?? I have 6 HPI cars 3 on road and 3 off with about 30 bodies...... parma included. if you have something better I'd love to see it. And no HPI doesn't have all the bodies but parma and others do..

Foudie
11-12-2004, 03:03 PM
So what makes your stuff so great?? I have 6 HPI cars 3 on road and 3 off with about 30 bodies...... parma included. if you have something better I'd love to see it. And no HPI doesn't have all the bodies but parma and others do..

Not trying to start a pi$$ing match here. I never said a bad thing about HPI as they are the leaders in the industry and good people. I just said we have a car that does 73 mph out of the box and to my knowledge no one else can claim that yet. We are small potatoes flynlo I was merely aspiring to catch up with them someday. As far as PARMA having all those bodies thats great, I was merely making conversation by stating that I think it would be cool to have a sanctioned R/C event that required that your car has a pre- 1974 body. Im not quite sure why but it seems to me like you are getting up in my face when it is not necessary.

Flynlo416
11-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Not trying to start a pi$$ing match here. I never said a bad thing about HPI as they are the leaders in the industry and good people. I just said we have a car that does 73 mph out of the box and to my knowledge no one else can claim that yet. We are small potatoes flynlo I was merely aspiring to catch up with them someday. As far as PARMA having all those bodies thats great, I was merely making conversation by stating that I think it would be cool to have a sanctioned R/C event that required that your car has a pre- 1974 body. Im not quite sure why but it seems to me like you are getting up in my face when it is not necessary.
I appoligize about how that cmae out . After reading it again It does sound like i'm being mean and for that i'm sorry. I would like to see examples of the cars you offer as im relly into r/c cars and boats. Again I appoligize about how that sounded and hope we can be friends. and having an event like you mentioned would be great and I'd love to be a part of it.

Foudie
11-12-2004, 03:57 PM
I appoligize about how that cmae out . After reading it again It does sound like i'm being mean and for that i'm sorry. I would like to see examples of the cars you offer as im relly into r/c cars and boats. Again I appoligize about how that sounded and hope we can be friends. and having an event like you mentioned would be great and I'd love to be a part of it.

Thanks flynlo. If we can put it together I will let you know. We are distributors as well as manufacturers, you can see our air products at www.hobby-source.com that site is under construction and not all of our products are up yet. We distribute for all the makers and have a deal brewing with CEN racing to manufature the CT4-S with our body, packaging etc. I was at there facility in California when they filmed a video of the car being radar clocked at 73 mph. You can go to www.cenracing.com to see the video. But dont buy anything from them, if you need anything give me a shout because we are less expensive, and alot of the products you see on their site we are in the process of making ourselves. Plus we will have cool bodies CEN has some goofy graphics and body styles. Spencer at ATOMIK RC makes our bodies for us and they are much more realistic, alot like HPI. No hard feelings.

Brad

TonyHuntimer
11-12-2004, 10:42 PM
Getting back to the original post... :)

That Year One Camaro is pretty darn cool! I wish they had toys like that when I was growing up. ...that makes me sound old. I guess I am. I was about 9 when the first microwave oven came out.

Thanks for sharing Tony!

Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

RobM
11-12-2004, 10:51 PM
that thing is cool. before i was into full size cars and trucks i used to race electric RC stadium trucks. those things are sweet and almost unbreakable