PDA

View Full Version : Carb Builders

BRIAN
09-29-2006, 06:12 AM
I need a custom built Holley style carb. Anybody have any recommendations? AED? C&S aerosol billet? Quick?

I have heard all the Demon horror stories although I am sure most are exaggereated? They are fairly reasonable price wise??

Thanks

68sixspeed
09-29-2006, 09:32 AM
VDL prepped my 750-HP series; great carb, very even mixture through the RPM band, but honestly I have a stock 950HP series carb from Holley that is pretty good too, dyno'd well.

ALLACTIONMAN
09-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Bob Book.

Tech @ BG
10-02-2006, 04:24 AM
Regardless of what brand of carburetor you decide to go with, or what modifier make sure to talk to the manufacture before purchasing anything. They’re going to need some specific information about your vehicle, and how you’re using it to get you something that will work appropriately for you. Just because one carburetor may or may not make more power than another in a certain spot doesn’t mean it will perform best how you’re using your vehicle.

Technical Support,

Barry Grant, Inc.

www.barrygrant.com (http://www.barrygrant.com)

Shaker455
11-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Brian,
I build and modify custom Holley/ Demon style carbs and I offer featuers to obtain correct A/F thru out all circurts than no other builder offers.

I myself own 3 Demons and a number of Holleys and I've posted on Performance Years what I've found first hand with the quality issues Demon has been plauged with.

They claim they have it now under control but just last week I got some Silver replaceable Race Demon sleeves from Jegs that were oversize in diameter and did not fit the Race Demon mainbody.

BG tech, please tell the guy's on the floor you can't machine parts in full rapid.

customcarpainter
11-19-2006, 04:06 AM
Contact Willy's Carb and Dyno Shop in Mt Carmel,Il. 618-262-2727 These guy build Holley style performance carbs.They are on several Busch cars,were at one time used on Joe Gibbs Cup cars,and many dirt track and drag strip cars.Willy has been "THE" carburetor man for years.The phone call would be well worth your time.

MonzaRacer
11-19-2006, 08:58 AM
CARB SHOP:Alchy:

BRIAN
11-21-2006, 11:03 AM
I have done some research about the BG carbs as I really wanted to use their triple set up. I do not take what is said on the internet as it can be just one angry customer who screwed something up but I have two engine builders who simply do not want to dyno engine with their carbs unless I have money available to tear apart first.

From what I gather they are great carbs but there have been issues regarding assembly or machining. This can be or may have already been cleared up as I am sure every company has rapid growth problems. I am on the fence in regards with what to do.

The other problem is they always have stuff on their site that is just not available or is removed after doing research to purchase??

Tech @ BG
11-22-2006, 11:05 AM
Brian,

We’ve had excellent results with our Six-Shooter systems. The overall performance, and drivability with them is phenomenal. We’ve actually driven cars on the power tour with one of our 3x2 setups each of the past three years.

As far as the engine particular engine builders you’re dealing with it’s hard to say specifically why without knowing who they are. They may have other issues leading to their specific reasons. Depending on where you are in NY there are plenty of engine shops we can get you in contact with that would be happy to work with.

What items are you referring to that just aren’t available?

Technical support,

Barry Grant, Inc.

www.barrygrant.com (http://www.barrygrant.com/)

Shaker455
11-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Brian,
Check out my post from Performance years:
http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=482459