PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Eagle Talon! Heeelp!

WELTERRACER
11-10-2004, 01:53 PM
91 eagle talon.

BR580 TURBO

Aftermarket blowoff valve

Very large intercooler with 2 1/2 ducking!

block is completey done up with Eagle rods, and forged pistons.. has HKS cams ($400 each) Automatic tranny with shift kit and OD heavy duty clutches!

Racing fuel pump!

Turbo timer and APEX fuel computer!

HERE IS THE PROBLEM!!!

Ever since we got the whole thing up and running it feels like it has NO POWER! It couldnt even beat a stock one... It is supposed to make 560hp at the wheels (believe it or not) It has HORRIBLE turbo lag and once it hits 4500rpms it starts cutting out!!

We dont know exactly how the APEX fuel computer works as it would take a ROCKET scientist to figure out the instructions... But we have done lots of adjusting to the fuel and sensor positions and it makes little or no difference on how it runs!! It poors out black smoke when on the throttle hard!

ANy help would be greatly appreciated

THANKS

dennis68
11-10-2004, 03:30 PM
I am not familiar with that controller but you should be able to adjust injector pulse width somewhere. You obviously have way too much. Are you running wide band O2's or at least 4 wire's? If so what are the readings at idle, part throttle and WOT? What is fuel pressure set at? I wouldn't mess with the turbo or waste gate settings until the fuel condition is resolved, running lean at full boost will leave you with a 10K pile of crap. My best guess is that you are just dumpoing fuel flooding the engine. BTW, is this a MAF or MAP system and what are those readings as well?

Lowend
11-10-2004, 07:26 PM
I have heard some bad stuff about the Apex computers in the past.
Check out the AEM system - it is freakin awesome and there is a plug and play for that car