PDA

View Full Version : Unsolicited commercial for Ron Davis Radiators

Frank69
08-16-2004, 02:31 PM
In the spring I bought/installed a new Ron Davis Radiator for my 69 Camaro with their shroud and dual fans. I didn't have a chance to give it a good test until this past weekend, though. On Saturday, we drove from Valencia, CA to Huntington Beach, CA (about 80-90 miles). When we left, the outside temp was about 101*, and traffic was stop and go the whole way. Well, I ran the a/c the whole time, and the coolant temp never got above 180*!! On Sunday we went to the "Chevy Madness" show, and then drove home in the late afternoon. Again, we ran the a/c the whole time and the motor never ran hot.

I previously ran a Griffin aluminum radiator with a single 15" Flex-a-Lite electric puller fan. On hot days I would have to turn off the a/c and the motor would still get up to 220*!!

Anyway, thanks again to Tim and everyone at RDR for making a great product.

Frank

Yenko boy
11-24-2004, 07:09 PM
If you don't mind me asking how much did that radiator run you as far as price?

Frank69
11-30-2004, 09:16 AM
As I recall, it was about $885 for the radiator, which included the shroud, dual fans and 2 fan relays. Shipping was extra. Best $$ I've spent on the car.

Frank69

Yenko boy
11-30-2004, 11:11 AM
Wow how did you get that price? I called them yesterday and they told me 973+shipping...

Frank69
12-01-2004, 09:35 AM
It was a while ago...maybe they have had a price increase. In any event, when you call Ron Davis Radiators, ask for Tim. He is a member here. Tell him you saw this post on pro-touring.com. I'm sure he will do the best he can on the price. :icon996:

Frank69

porschev8
12-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Wow how did you get that price? I called them yesterday and they told me 973+shipping...

Yenko Boy,
You were quoted the retail price on the big block radiator. Frank purchased the small block Camaro radiator and he recieved the Pro-Touring.com 10% discount which is available to all registered members through the end of this year. When you are ready to place your order (hopefully before 12/30/04) just make sure you mention this site and you'll get the discount too.

Yenko boy
12-01-2004, 01:52 PM
Ok, thanks alot guys....