PDA

View Full Version : Front wheels on 68 Camaro

whytry
11-09-2004, 12:31 PM
I checked the database 1st before asking. My Camaro has 18x7 up front with 4" BS. I am running a 205/40/18 and it rubs on the outside of the inner fenderwell. I was wondering if anybody else has this problem or is just me... I was told if I went with 4.25 BS then the tires would rub the inner framerail. My car is low, but from the pics I have seen from others on the site, it is not much different than some of the rest.... Any suggestions?

Lastly - I have added as many shims as possible to try to camber the tires to lean in towards the motors and - get this - I have a major wear problem on the OUTSIDE of the tires, the insides of the tires still look pretty new.... I have all stock A-arms, if this plays a part of the problem let me know.

I was looking into changing front rims to 18x6 or maybe selling my 18x7's fronts, and getting 17's for the front.

Bamakx
11-10-2004, 12:13 PM
On my 68 Camaro I have 17x8 with 4.75" BS and running 235/45 tires with no rubbing. The top of the fender is even with the top of the tire. I have Global West upper and lowers and QA1 coilovers.