PDA

View Full Version : which blow through carb

67jeff
09-19-2006, 09:21 AM
Guys,

Looking for a blow through carb for my 468 big block. Probably gonna do a D1SC, but might do an F Series. Mostly street driven. Looking for 650 hp/tq at the wheels. maybe 10 psi...

Who do you like? Carb Shop, C&S, Barry Grant blow through demons? or others?

Also, what size would you recommend?

thanks

jeff

whytry
09-19-2006, 09:57 AM
I would call Kevin @ CSU, give him the details on your setup and what you are looking to do and he can get it dialed in for you. Great contact.....

I got your email too Jeff, I will get back to you on that too.

Blown353
09-19-2006, 11:09 AM
I'd let the guy doing the carb mods choose the carb for you... chances are he will pick out a Holley HP-series and for that HP level my hunch is you'll end up with a 650cfm, maybe a 750cfm.

As far as who to go to, either CSU or SDCE would be my recommendations. Scott @ SDCE did my carb and did a fantastic job, I didn't change anything but bolt it on and set the idle speed and mixture. Everything else was spot-on and I could not improve on it, driveability was great and the A/F was perfect. A couple friends have had the same experience with Scott, excellent work.

go-fish
09-19-2006, 05:00 PM
thesuperchargerstore.com , a shop that specializes in Mopar complete kits using ATI Procharger set me up with PB Carb, a HP series Holley. Anyhow, they used to use nothing but Carb Shop, they got a complaint on every one of them that was powdercoated, so, watch out for that if you want powder. Carb shop didn't own up to it and they took thier business down the road and do not recommend powder on carbs. I wouldn't want it myself but just food for thought.