PDA

View Full Version : Question about CC.com

MuscleRodz
11-08-2004, 10:58 PM
I tried to register over at cc.com so I could view some suspension pics, and it said my email address was banned. Any ideas why from you guys that post over there?

Mike

Matt@RFR
11-08-2004, 11:09 PM
Are you on AOL? LOL If you haven't made any posts, there shouldn't be a reason for you being banned. You might try contacting the admin about it, but do a search first and see if the problem has come up before.

baz67
11-08-2004, 11:10 PM
Mike I know they do not allow some IP's to become a member on that site. For example anything AOL is not allowed. I have MSN and had no issues.
Brian

MuscleRodz
11-08-2004, 11:12 PM
That must be why because I am on AOL. Now that you mention it, I think I read somewhere they do not allow AOL. I hate it too, but too many people have my address to change now.

Mike

dennis68
11-08-2004, 11:43 PM
Mike, try contacting Lewis Tanner. He will probably call you a bunch of names (some of which you may not have heard yet). He may allow registration though, you never know. Check your other post, I put up some Satchell stuff.

airrj1
11-09-2004, 07:33 AM
I was allowed to join, but I don't have any premissions to view any of the attached photos. I am giving it a week before I contanct them for my vebral lashing. And I am not on MSN/AOL or any of the big networks.

steemin
11-09-2004, 09:31 AM
what is cc.com?

Milow68
11-09-2004, 10:35 AM
I second that one Steemin

Matt@RFR
11-09-2004, 10:50 AM
www.corner-carvers.com Wear your flak jacket and helmet. :)

BADVELLE
11-09-2004, 07:49 PM
What in the @#** is going on over there?? If I have to read some "guide for newbies" that appears to be as long as "War and Peace", why go there! Since I have been posting on PT.com, I have had mostly all of my questions answered and have been able to help out also, why would I want to go elsewhere. It also appears that most of the post deal with Blue Ovals rides, at least that I could see.

I can tell there is a lot of truth to the comments in the upper post! Have fun!

:ripped: :ripped: :ripped: :ripped: :ripped: :ripped: :ripped:

camcojb
11-09-2004, 08:15 PM
What in the @#** is going on over there?? If I have to read some "guide for newbies" that appears to be as long as "War and Peace", why go there! Since I have been posting on PT.com, I have had mostly all of my questions answered and have been able to help out also, why would I want to go elsewhere. It also appears that most of the post deal with Blue Ovals rides, at least that I could see.

I can tell there is a lot of truth to the comments in the upper post! Have fun!

:ripped: :ripped: :ripped: :ripped: :ripped: :ripped: :ripped:

VERY hard core. VERY knowledgeable. VERY LITTLE patience if you don't know what you're doing.

Jody

MuscleRodz
11-09-2004, 08:20 PM
Although they mostly play with Mustangs over there and are not very friendly, they do know what they are talking about. I sit on the sidelines and carefully read posts that have good tech in them. The tech can be applied to most anything with a little thought.

This site is mostly Camaros and I am one of them. I just wanted to joing so I could view some of the pics. I can in no way participate in their arena. My knowledge base is not good enough to hold my own on that site. That is why I love this site. Many people willing to help one another in a friendly enviroment. Many thanks to Larry for keeping it that way and all the moderators who enforce it.

Mike

yody
11-10-2004, 12:18 AM
I am sick of hearing about how "hard core" those losers are(no offense jody). They are only "hardcore" compared to who? beginners? I could care less what those guys know. All I know is if they talked to me in person the way they do on the internet, all the knowledge on 3 links and crossdrilled rotors wouldn't save them. I like PT.com, I like the people here, i like the cars and friendly attitudes here and i hate bandwagon riders, and self-proclaimed gods. Whats funny is that most "hardcore racers" aren't like those guys, a lot of them are friendly and will help you out, even if you don't know squat. Now I really have no reason to bicker, i have never registered or talked on that board. I just keep hearing over and over about those guys.

Pro-touring towncar
11-10-2004, 08:33 AM
MMMM, maybe that is why I haven't posted there yet. I have join but never posted. I know I will get a rash because of my car.

Tim

baz67
11-10-2004, 08:41 AM
Keep in mind that you are taking their time and getting VERY good information for FREE. No cost or obligation to you. How many times do we(at PT) see the same question over and over agian. It is extreamly annoying. The search function works. Or how about the "What is the best or better" question. How can we give a solid answer if we do not know all of the variables.

Cody, not to pick on you, but you say you just hear about those guys and you are able to make a judgement on what you hear. Can we say hearsay. They do not hide their intentions, but are more than willing to help on a good logical well reasoned question. I like the no BS approach they take. I also like the way wee react here on PT. When I go on the internet this is the first place I go. The two sites have two totally different personalities. Just do not call them gods or bandwagon jumpers because they do not think like you.
Brian

Norm Peterson
11-10-2004, 08:44 AM
I am sick of hearing about how "hard core" those losers are(no offense jody). They are only "hardcore" compared to who? beginners? I could care less what those guys know. All I know is if they talked to me in person the way they do on the internet, all the knowledge on 3 links and crossdrilled rotors wouldn't save them. I like PT.com, I like the people here, i like the cars and friendly attitudes here and i hate bandwagon riders, and self-proclaimed gods. Whats funny is that most "hardcore racers" aren't like those guys, a lot of them are friendly and will help you out, even if you don't know squat. Now I really have no reason to bicker, i have never registered or talked on that board. I just keep hearing over and over about those guys.I'm not defending or trying to flame, just raise a couple of thoughts, so I'll stick to positive thoughts and text.

Perhaps your definition of 'hard core' differs somewhat from mine (and likely that of other CC.com members). But the rather short list of technical fora over there should be a good enough hint that if a discussion doesn't center around making your car accelerate, brake, or corner better it's considered off-topic.

You don't have to be argumentative to get a lot out of that site, or to contribute to the discussions, though you do need to be more than a little bit past the "which muffler sounds better" stage of automotive questioning.

Let me suggest from a somewhat different perspective that at 23 years of age it's perhaps not the wisest thing to develop an attitude that the collective knowledge/wisdom of any group of people be ignored simply because from time to time you may not like some of the people or their presentation. And that direct observation is more reliable than word of mouth.

Norm

spanky the wondermuffin
11-10-2004, 09:42 AM
i just checked out corner-carvers.com.on the home page,in capitol letters,it says"suck it".nothing else.wtf?i guess i'm just an ingnorant redneck living way up in the hills,but we don't take kindly to being spoke to that way 'round these parts.is the guy who wrote that really big enough to look me in the eye and tell me to suck it?i read one thread about solid sway bar end links.what a bunch of morons.no you don't take a solid rod,drill it out,and then tap.you buy tap tubing.maybe i have it all wrong.perhaps saying suck it is just a way to come out of the closet.

CoryM
11-10-2004, 09:55 AM
Personally I have not found enough good tech there to bother sorting through all the BS. If you want to learn, go to some engineering forums or some other road/oval track forums. Or better yet, your local track where you can actually see and figure out things for yourself.

dennis68
11-10-2004, 11:08 AM
C-C actually has quite a bit to offer and the collective knowledge base there is way beyond any other site I have veiwed. You do have to have fairly thick skin, or an engineering PhD. I think people who visit the site and are not open minded enough to let the information sink in without being offended by the badgering are better off elsewhere. Maybe wussies.com has some forum for you, you could hang out at the local weeniehut (no big meanieheads allowed). :evil: :icon_razz

MuscleRodz
11-10-2004, 11:36 AM
This is why the first line of my thread said "I hate to post this". It was not meant to start a bashing or get emotional because you do or don't like cc.com. I was mearly looking for an answer to my problem.

Mike

dennis68
11-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Don't worry Mike, most of us pretty good natured and a thread about the meanieheads at c-c.com wouldn't get us worked up.

MuscleRodz
11-10-2004, 03:40 PM
I am not worried about those who go there because they understand the enviroment and what they can benefit from lurking or participating over there. It is those who do not who I was concerned about. I just wanted to make my point before it got warm in here.
:enguard: :box2:

Mike

Norm Peterson
11-12-2004, 08:28 AM
Anybody having difficulty with the concept that cc.com members do nothing but flame each other and any newbie really needs to go visit the General Discussion Forum (http://corner-carvers.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9) and read any of the threads relative to Veteran's Day. Or all of them. I am very serious about this.

Then you might take a peek at any topic on non-automotive tech (with the possible exception of the 2004 election thread).

Narrowmindedness isn't exactly a virtue that I'd be advertising on a friendly forum.

Norm

airrj1
11-12-2004, 10:27 AM
FYI: After 8 days my account was activated. So they are still lettign people in, it just may take a few days.

CoryM
11-12-2004, 10:29 AM
I havent been treated poorly at CC, I just found it painful to sort through all the foolish posts to find the good tech. I think when I was looking at it the BS was at a high point. It seems to be much more technical lately. Now if you dont mind, im gonna head over to the Salty Spitoon . (who would have thought, grown men using spongebob squarepants references :rotfl: )

dennis68
11-12-2004, 11:26 AM
SSHHH, don't tell everybody my source.