PDA

View Full Version : crank trigger/ front runner system

69muscle
09-18-2006, 11:26 AM
has anyone put a msd crank trigger system on with a vintage air front runner system. my engine is on the dyno "621" inch big block and looks like i may have some clearance issues and probally need's to have a spacer built to space out the water pump pulley. hopefully someone has done this and can guide me in the right direction. any input would be greatly appreciated.

RatPwrd
09-27-2006, 07:15 PM
I have the same situation,I have a small block 415'' with 18* heads That I am mocking up right now, with a front runner system .I looked at one of my friends cars with a MSD crnk trigger and it doesn't look like it will be to bad to fabricate some changes as long as you have access to a lathe.The 4 stand offs,2 on each side,will have to be changed in length to allow for the MSD bracket to sandwich in there at the right distance.The crank pulley will be spaced out because of the trigger wheel so the water pump and the whole bracket assembly needs to come out the same amount.It looks like if I change the length of those 4 spacers and make spacers between the block and the water pump to bring the whole assembly out together ,it would work out fairly clean