PDA

View Full Version : I need an aluminum 3.5" to 4" adapter

Samckitt
09-17-2006, 04:15 AM
I thought I would post it here that the turbo guys might know of a place to get them. I am making a cold air intake for the Monte & I need an aluminum adapter to go from 3.5" to 4". Or a way to flare the end of the 3.5" tube a little to weld it to the 4" tube. Any suggestions?

Thanks

cadpro
09-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Contact http://www.burnsstainless.com Talk to Casey.

Wall
09-17-2006, 09:21 PM
Have you thought about a silicone hose adapter or is that not the look you're going for?

Samckitt
09-18-2006, 03:44 AM
I have thought about the silicone adapter, for about .001 seconds. Not what I am wanting.

thanks

Samckitt
09-18-2006, 09:33 AM
I took the pipe to 3 different exhaust shops to see if they could expand the end. None wanted anything to do with it except for a little po-dunk shop who attempted to do it. I suggested hitting it with the smoke wrench (Acetylene torch) to soften the aluminum a little (learned that from West Coast Choppers on TV), then they started expanding it. The first one got close before it cracket, the second attempt they got it to fit inside the 4" tube & they cut off what I would need, & tried again. The 3rd attempt they got it to 4" OD & I can clamp the air filter directly to it without welding anything to it. So I am good to go.

Scot