PDA

View Full Version : Rear Spoiler

mdprovee
11-08-2004, 03:51 PM
I am looking for a rear spoiler for my 67 camaro. I have been looking at the one that is on Year One's 69 camaro. Just not sure if the 67 and 69 have the same width spoiler though. Also is it posible to modify the spoiler to fit on a 67.

Then I saw the rear spolier on the red camaro that was at SEMA, not Big Red, the other. Here is a link http://www.z069.us/sema/semacars/PICT0345.JPG

Does anyone know where I can get that type spolier, or who's car it is so I can contact for some info.

Thanks

Mike

MrQuick
11-08-2004, 10:46 PM
Hi Mike, I spoke to the guy working the booth (not the owner) and he said it was off of a production car. He hasd no idea but it was modifyed to fit. Looks good ayh?

ProdigyCustoms
11-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Since we plan to run one on Prodigy, I have already been through some hoops on this one.
The Spoiler on the red car is not the same as the spoiler on the Year One car. The Year One car has a 69 Trans Am wing, on a 69 Camaro, and they do fit. However, a 69 wing will not fit a 67 / 68 car. The modifications are multiple as it has to be narrowed, and also twisted at the ends.
Parts Place sells a 69 style Trans Am wing for 67 / 68s. I ordered one and it was the worst piece of Sheot on the planet. After looking through a bunch more they had in stock, they admitted they did not have a better one to send me, I did get my money back.
We are modifying a 69 for our car, or may change our mind and do something different. Maybe one of those huge adjustable aluminum shopping cart handles or something, LOL!

itsals1
11-10-2004, 05:46 AM
The 67' Camaro withthe spoiler your talking about was in Super Chevy in August 1998.The owner then was Ken Faust.The car was built by Nagle's Rod Shop in Green Lane,Pennsylvania,by Rich Nagle.The body was done by John Mazzochetti,of Norristown,Pennsylvania.All it says about the spoiler is that its a custom spoiler with a intergated third brake light.I hope this helps.Travis

mdprovee
11-10-2004, 08:28 AM
Thanks for the help guys.

Mike

Pzary3233
11-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Mike,

Look at some pontiac restoration places they sell modified 69 wings to fit 67 and 68 firebirds... which means that it would fit your Camaro. I think Ames Performance Pontiac http://www.amesperf.com/ and performance years pontiac http://performanceyears.com/newsite/index.html might be your best bet to finding one to fit your car.

Pzary3233
11-10-2004, 10:29 AM
Mike found some part numbers for you if you wanted a T/A wing:

From Performance year Pontiac the spoiler you want is Part number RFR53 and runs for $229.00
Here is their discription:
This spoiler looks like the 69 TA spoiler.
New high quality version available. Pretty much prime and paint.
These are no longer Fiberglass- They are ABS Plastic - Excellent Quality***
approx 60 1/4" in length

From Ames Performance Eng. Part Number FL550k for $265.00
This is a fiberglass product not originally avalible on the 67-68 firebirds. Designed to simulate the factory 69 T/A spolier, it is contoured to fit the earlier bodies. As with any fiberglass product, extensive block sanding may be required.

As a side note, they accidently sent me a T/A wing instead of the duck tail looking spolier. It was a HEAVY BEAST! But the quality was very good.

mdprovee
11-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Thanks Paul, that is what I was looking for. I will check into them. Which dealer did you buy from? Are the 67, 68 camaros and firebirds the same width, or would I need to shorten or lengthen the spoiler?

Mike

Pzary3233
11-10-2004, 06:58 PM
Mike,

Ames has the best customer service that I have found. They helped me out BIG TIME when my bird was rear ended with getting all the parts that I needed. they got me one of the first repo tail pannels produced and it was flawless! Though they are higher priced and have a fiberglass spoiler... It's up to you in the end... I would trade a little more time and money for the great customer service. It's run by a few guys up in New England who really know their Pontiacs.

As for the fit, you will not have to do anything to the spoiler as the firebird and camaro are identical in major body panels. It's just the subtle differences that make each it's own.

ProdigyCustoms
11-10-2004, 07:34 PM
The ABS one is likely to be the same one Parts Place sells, that was horrible. I would ask them if they are the same, and straight, before you buy, as ABS is much harder to repair then glass.

mdprovee
11-11-2004, 09:25 AM
Thanks guy, I will go with the fiberglass one. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Mike

Nutsy
11-14-2004, 11:53 AM
Does anyone have pics of the T/A style wing for the 69 Camaro?

Pzary3233
11-19-2004, 08:30 AM
nutsy,

Just look at a 69 T/A and think camaro REALLY hard... LOL... I'm sure there are some in the cars section of the site, or just look at the year one vert.

MuscleRodz
11-21-2004, 09:27 PM
I am pretty sure that spoiler on the red SEMA car above is off a Toyota GTS.

Mike