PDA

View Full Version : Finally a chance to get some GOOD pics :)

Steve1968LS2
11-07-2004, 09:12 PM
Got to drive the car today.. still a lot of sorting out but it was nice to drive it.. and nothing broke!!!! :hammer:

Got a custom mandrel bent stainless exhaust done for it with x-pipe and 14" polished Magnaflow mufflers.. we popped it over the axel and dumped them behind the back tires..

Also got the Recaro seats installed.. it will be January before I finish the interior so I just tossed the stock stuff back in the car.. at least its dynamated..

Well.. here are pics.. except for the missing driving lights (COME ON PASQUAL!! ;) ) it looks like a done car..

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Bet you cant guess what my new comp wallpaper is.. :hmm:

See the rest here:
http://www.z069.us/69/Final_Assembly/Final_Assembly.htm

I also updated my home page with the new pics and added to the "slide show" on the first (home) page..

Next up is an alignment and then to fab up and intake and install the slide-a-links and rear QA1 shocks..

TRILOGYZ28
11-08-2004, 12:52 AM
lookin excellent steve !!!! :icon996:

nitrovette
11-08-2004, 05:08 AM
That is my all time favorite 69 now,thanks for the new desktop pic.

colt zantop
11-08-2004, 01:43 PM
do I need to say it again steve??? ABSOLUTLY KILLER!

colt45

lt4malibu
11-08-2004, 03:02 PM
man that car looks awesome!

steemin
11-08-2004, 06:17 PM
Steve,
Your car is really coming together. . The new seats look fantastic.. Just enough of the custom stuff..but nothing over the top.. Great job.
Scott

Andrew McBride
11-08-2004, 06:31 PM
Steve,

the car looks great. I have a couple questions?

what rear springs are you running from DSE 2" or 3"

What kind of side mirrors?

Love the car, perfect color choice. Look forward to seeing the interior progress.

Andrew

CarlC
11-10-2004, 10:51 PM
Boing!

dhardison
11-11-2004, 04:59 AM
Absolutely GORGEOUS!!!!! Nice work!

Dan

34X2Camaro
11-11-2004, 05:56 AM
Awesome car, awesome color, awesome everything. That's my new wallpaper, until my car is done. :hail:

Steve1968LS2
11-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Steve,

the car looks great. I have a couple questions?

what rear springs are you running from DSE 2" or 3"

What kind of side mirrors?

Love the car, perfect color choice. Look forward to seeing the interior progress.

Andrew

The springs came with the car.. I do believe they are the older 2" DSE Springs.. the front is global West coil overs :)

Side mirrors are second gen Camaro mirrors.. bolted right up..

Thanks for the comments :)

MoeBawlz
11-11-2004, 03:44 PM
great car...

what colors did you use???

Steve1968LS2
11-11-2004, 05:16 PM
great car...

what colors did you use???

Subaru WRX blue pearl with Nissan 350 Silverstone stripes.. It seems to be a popular question... maybe I should put it in my sig ;)

David Pozzi
11-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Steve, Outstanding!

boodlefoof
11-12-2004, 10:11 PM
schwingg! That is incredible!

Roydsracing
11-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Bitchin' car..outstanding paint! Perfect wheels, Nice job

69Myway
11-26-2004, 08:10 AM
So...how was the first drive? Everything you hoped for? Any new plans on the board now?

Car looks great.

You are my inspiration (and one of the biggest reasons I switched to an LS1!)

jonny51
11-26-2004, 08:36 AM
Steve I had a chance to see the driving lights up close they are worth the wait!

Steve1968LS2
11-27-2004, 09:27 AM
So...how was the first drive? Everything you hoped for? Any new plans on the board now?

Car looks great.

You are my inspiration (and one of the biggest reasons I switched to an LS1!)

Well its great in a straight line.. no front sway bar yet.. havent set up the front shocks.. (just got it aligned last week).. QA1 rear shocks and slidealinks not in yet.. still needs a good tune..

Starts very easy.. and so far so good.. the weather here has been crappy so its hard to work on it.. we re-wired the front of the car to get rid of all the extra wiring so im gonna wrap it today and then I should have headlights for the first time in over a year :)

The dual 14" magnaflows are still pretty loud.. even with 70sq ft of dynomat..
:icon996: or :banghead: im not sure..

Jonny51: Thanks.. tell him to hurry the hell up.. i refuse to put the stockers in so im waiting for his artwork :D

Nutsy
11-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Your car is looking awesome! What side mirrors are those from?

jonny51
11-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Steve he is really close good things take time :)

Ricochet
12-01-2004, 10:15 AM
Steve-

I'm speechless?? Well almost...The word "Perfection" comes to mind!! Color combo, stance, wheel/tire selection everything..You nailed it!! Congrats..Been along time coming!!

Brent

Craigon69
12-09-2004, 07:27 AM
Your project turned out awesome! Question, you had the firewall redone due to cracking, and the new shop said the wrong filler was used (among other things). Do you happen know what kind of filler the new shop used in that area? Was he talking about Dyna or Ultra Glass for strength?

Steve1968LS2
12-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Your project turned out awesome! Question, you had the firewall redone due to cracking, and the new shop said the wrong filler was used (among other things). Do you happen know what kind of filler the new shop used in that area? Was he talking about Dyna or Ultra Glass for strength?

Not sure.. but i think it was just plain old bondo :( and over half a inch of it in some places.. thank god that guy just did the firewall..

The new one is all metal with very little filler as a skim.. sure it was $3000 but I never have to worry about it again.. :)

The mirrors by the way are second gen camaro mirrors.. i ran the same ones on my 67 so i knew they fit great..

JTW
12-19-2005, 02:11 PM
Steve,

I know I'm dredging up an old thread here, but I just stumbled across it today and had to comment on your car. Strange coincidence, but just last night I was re-reading your article in the Sept. PHR ('The Resume') and drooling over the pics. Twice now I've told my wife "if I were to ever win the lotto this would be the first guy I'd call" assuming that for the right amount of money maybe you would part with your car. Then today I read your signature: "The 69 has a new home and I have a new project..", so it sounds as though I didn't hit the lotto soon enough. After building a car that perfect, I would think it would be tough to part with.

I have to commend you on what I felt was truly the perfect car. There's a wide variety of tastes and preferences in hot rodding which is what I think keeps the hobby interesting, but that car was as close to what I would personally want in a car as I have ever seen. Can't wait to see what you build next!