PDA

View Full Version : Remove the yellow notes?

jannes_z-28
08-16-2004, 01:35 PM
Ralph,

Is it possible to turn f those yellow notes that popup over the threads. I think they are annoying and would like to have them turned off. I haven't seen any setting for that in my CP.

Jan

Ralph LoGrasso
08-16-2004, 03:05 PM
Jan, I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused. What yellow notes are you receiving, I haven't recieved any?

Sorry for the confusion.

P.S. You will need to resize your sig pic, it is too large, we need to keep them small for the dial up users. Maximum size is 75x250 pixels, roughly 1x4".

Matt@RFR
08-16-2004, 03:18 PM
Jan's talking about the yellow mouse-over box that previews the post content in any of the main areas. (Open discussion, The Outhouse, Events, etc)

chicane67
08-16-2004, 03:26 PM
Yea, it does get a little annoying after about 2.567 seconds....

Ralph LoGrasso
08-16-2004, 03:30 PM
There is no way to turn off that feature, unless we turn it off for the whole board. I guess if more people want it turned off, we could take a vote. I personally like the feature. :dunno:

chicane67
08-16-2004, 03:34 PM
I guess you just like things waving in your face...... :slap:

Steve1968LS2
08-16-2004, 03:58 PM
I like the "thread preview".. it saves time and let you get the flavor of the thread without clicking into it..

:)

jannes_z-28
08-16-2004, 09:03 PM
P.S. You will need to resize your sig pic, it is too large, we need to keep them small for the dial up users. Maximum size is 75x250 pixels, roughly 1x4".

Yes I will do that,

I saw that you required it but since you only said 1x4" and no pixelsize it depends on screen resolution. On my screen it is about 1x4"

Now that I know what pixelsize you want it is easier.

Jan

Ralph LoGrasso
08-16-2004, 11:12 PM
Thanks, Jan! Very much appreciated!!

Norm Peterson
08-19-2004, 03:25 AM
Thread preview is of particular benefit to dial-up users, and its "What's This?" function is sometimes a better reminder of thread content than the thread title itself.

On edit, you can minimize how much text is buried under the preview by running the cursor down the right side of the thread title field. The preview will remain in place should you move the cursor to click on the title itself. Or you can immediately close a preview box either by left-clicking anywhere in the title field or by trying to move the cursor over the preview box.

Off-topic late edit - I like the way the "Reason for Editing" field works but I'm thinking that the edit time should always show up in an edited post whether or not a reason for the edit is given.

Norm