PDA

View Full Version : Lincoln Invertec V205-T AC/DC

Tiger
09-08-2006, 01:07 AM
I 'm looking at TIG machines and my welding guy (Lincoln) says that the Invertec V205-T AC/DC with water cooling is the one fullfilling my requests.

does anyone know if its a good machine or if its just one of those that you keep for a while only to discover later that you should have bought another better bigger machine?

I'll probably not be in the market for a TIG before end of this year.

thanks!

parsonsj
09-08-2006, 04:38 AM
I'm all for water cooling. I'll never go back to an air-cooled torch. As far as the actual machine, if it's a Lincoln, I'm sure it's a quality machine. You might want to look over the Miller website for their competing product and see if their machine jogs a question or two for your rep.

jp

Stangonline.com
09-10-2006, 11:23 AM
www.htpweld.com has a similar unit and it gets good reviews. Their service also generally gets the nod.

http://www.htpweld.com/products/tig_welders/tig201.html

Tiger
09-12-2006, 04:52 AM
thanks!

FabUThis
09-23-2006, 02:54 AM
Hey Tigergutt, the Lincoln works good .Miller has had their inverter out a lot longer .I have a Miller Dynasty 300 , I love it . Keep in mind the warrenty . Inverters can get pricey to fix .How often do you use the machine and for what ? I only ask because it's alot of money to spend if you don't need to .

ahowudoin
09-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Get it. You will love it. I found a lincoln invertec v250 s brand new still in the box in the newspaper for $500. I had to get a pedal and torch and regulator but i still don,t have a grand in it! It came with 3 large cans of arc rods and xtra 20 ft cables to.

Tiger
09-28-2006, 12:29 PM
I dont have a tig so I dont use it right now:hammer:
I'll have to get one and learn to use it... I just hate having to source out stuff as it eats up valuable time.
I checked out the miller one as well and it looks very nice, the reason for considering the lincoln is due to the fact that its what aviable here in Italy