PDA

View Full Version : Ford 9inch-Chevy wheels

troutdog
09-06-2006, 02:27 PM
I have a custom width 9inch with custom axles set up for my 66' nova. I am running 01' camaro rear discs and C-5 wheels. My question has to do with the axle stub that the rotors fit over and is the center for the wheel. After I put the the rotor on the axle, the axle stub barely engages in the center of the wheel. These are Moser axles set up with Chevy bolt pattern. The stub is shorter than the stock camaro one. Do the wheels have to be engaged on the axle centers or are they centered off the lugs? Thanks

andrewb70
09-07-2006, 07:59 AM
I have a custom width 9inch with custom axles set up for my 66' nova. I am running 01' camaro rear discs and C-5 wheels. My question has to do with the axle stub that the rotors fit over and is the center for the wheel. After I put the the rotor on the axle, the axle stub barely engages in the center of the wheel. These are Moser axles set up with Chevy bolt pattern. The stub is shorter than the stock camaro one. Do the wheels have to be engaged on the axle centers or are they centered off the lugs? Thanks

Ideally you want the wheels to be centered by the axle, however lots of people run wheels that are just centered by the lugs.

Andrew