PDA

View Full Version : Who is capable of fabricating a rear suspension setup for me?

Nutsy
11-07-2004, 01:40 PM
Since SEMA is over, my dad and I are finally ready to get started on our Camaro. The first thing i would like to do is the rear suspension.

I am VERY interested in having a rear suspension fabricated for my 69 Camaro. I am still confused on which type of system to go for 3 link or 4 link. I would like to have someone that is extremely knowledgeable in the area as well as some previous examples of fabricated setups design and install a system in my Camaro. I am very concerned with the design used as i know there are so many variables that could cause poor handling, i just do not have the practicle knowledge to be able to design my own system.

I am planning to make big horsepower (~1000hp) so i would like something that is a good compromise of going straight and in the curves. (isn't that the theme for everyone???) What i have decided is that independent is not for me and neither is a stock leaf setup.

Who is capable of fabricating a system on my car? The car is located on the west coast (BC, Canada), and most likely would need to travel to the shop where the suspension would be done...

Thanks for all your help guys.

Trev

Lowend
11-08-2004, 08:34 AM
We can do it, I have a 4-link road race car at the shop right now I would be happy to show you - where are you located?

Nutsy
11-08-2004, 09:03 AM
The car is in Vancouver, BC right now. Do you have any pictures you can email me?

cpederslie
11-08-2004, 04:14 PM
You should talk to Wayne Due. He's located in Marysville Washington not too far from BC.

www.waynedue.com
360-657-4810

Marcus SC&C
11-08-2004, 07:15 PM
We`d be happy to do it and have been in business doing this sort of thing for 21 years. We`ve done everything from mild street cars to scratch built tubular IRS to SCCA GT1 race cars. We`ve been doing a lot of R&D lately on SCCATransAm style adj. 3 link/PHB suspension with one of out test cars. But...it`s a looonnnnggggg way from you to Pennsylvania. Doh. ;) Marcus www.SCandC.com

baz67
11-08-2004, 08:53 PM
What about Art Morrison. That is where Katz works.
Brian

Nutsy
11-09-2004, 06:58 PM
You should talk to Wayne Due. He's located in Marysville Washington not too far from BC.

www.waynedue.com
360-657-4810

I spoke to Wayne at the PT dinner at length and he is only interested in doing C4 IRS stuff. I am not interested in IRS as i don't think it will handle the horsepower in a straight line that i am looking for... this is why a 3 or 4 link appeals to me more, they are a good compromise of both straight line performance and corner carving.

I am still shopping around... i hope to get this thing in and done by the beginning of the new year if possible.

Trev

93Polo
11-10-2004, 09:56 AM
We`d be happy to do it and have been in business doing this sort of thing for 21 years. We`ve done everything from mild street cars to scratch built tubular IRS to SCCA GT1 race cars. We`ve been doing a lot of R&D lately on SCCATransAm style adj. 3 link/PHB suspension with one of out test cars. But...it`s a looonnnnggggg way from you to Pennsylvania. Doh. ;) Marcus www.SCandC.com
I noticed the G5 a arms for G-bodies have you done the same for 64-72 A-bodies.

I'd also like to see the 3 link on an A body.

spanky the wondermuffin
11-10-2004, 04:51 PM
ssapubl.com book# s157. there is a good blueprint for a 3 link there.plenty guys on the west coast can do this,but see if there is a local chassis builder who makes roundy-round cars in your area.they might take it on.check the websites for your local tracks and there might be some local links.with that much hp you should have a very stout roll cage.and roll cage without helmet is another issue.make an appointment with someone quick if you want it by spring.you can also buy a prefab rear clip from someone like howe racing.anyone who can do a typical pro-streety style 'back half' should have no problems installing that.

Lowend
11-10-2004, 07:24 PM
I went to take photos today; we are in the process of fabbing the floorpan and there really isn't a good view to be had of the rear suspension right now.

Marcus SC&C
11-10-2004, 08:20 PM
93 Polo,not to derail the thread but yes we are making a G-5ish package for A body cars! We`re calling this one Street Comp A-6. A for A body and 6 for the C-6 steering knuckles,bearing/hub assys.,and brakes. Adj. tubular UCAs and CNC 7075 T-6 steering arms round out the basics. They should be ready before Christmas. The first production package will be going here http://www.zefhix.com :) Marcus www.SCandC.com

Mean 69
11-10-2004, 09:14 PM
Nutsy, please check your PM box.

Mark

Nutsy
11-13-2004, 02:57 PM
Mean69,

Please check yours ;)

Trev

cpederslie
11-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Trev:
Hey, I talked to Wayne and he wasn't sure where you got the idea that he didn't want to do a 3 or 4 link rear setup for you. He said, no problem and would really like to do it. Just give him a call or shoot him an email.

Wayne Due ([email protected])