PDA

View Full Version : New Toy

Todds69
09-02-2006, 07:28 AM
Just picked this up today, now I have to learn to use it more effectively. He showed me some pointers and we played with it for a little while, now I need to get some scraps. Bad thing is I have to run another 220 line for it cause the the one I have for my air compressor is different style plug. Oh yeah its a Lincoln 175 T.

B Schein
09-02-2006, 08:39 AM
Bad thing is I have to run another 220 line for it cause the the one I have for my air compressor is different style plug. Oh yeah its a Lincoln 175 T.

I would just get the right style plugs and make an adapter extension cord.

Todds69
09-02-2006, 04:59 PM
I was thinking of doing that but it's always nice to have another location in the garage with 220. I'll probably do that first so I can play with it sooner. (that doesn't sound good)

Norwoodx55
09-02-2006, 06:03 PM
I was thinking of doing that but it's always nice to have another location in the garage with 220. I'll probably do that first so I can play with it sooner. (that doesn't sound good)

I would run another circuit too. I think that welder requires a 50amp breaker and heavier gauge wiring, the air compressor is probably only a 20-30 amp. You will be having some fun with that new toy. I was amazed at all the doors that opened when I got my welder. Brett