PDA

View Full Version : New to SEMA

SicMonte
08-30-2006, 08:27 PM
ok..im going to SEMA this year to represent the company I work for (www.tricktrucks.com) and it is my first time. I have been to two PRI's before but I know that Sema is a lot bigger.

Is there anything I should know before I go there? And...are any of you all going so maybe I can finally put some faces to these names??!!!

ProTouring442
08-31-2006, 02:53 AM
You work for TrickTrucks!?! I used to sell tools to the one in Kensington, MD... I didn't know you worked for them!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
'72 442 "Inamorata"

vintageracer
08-31-2006, 04:20 AM
It's just a big BS, cars, beer and girly fest! Nothing particularly different from PRI. Just more/most over the top products, vendors, displays, girls, parties and fun! You will be amazed at how much "CRAP" there is being marketed to the automobile enthusiast. Obviously somebody buys this stuff. More wheel vendors that you can imagine.

If you get a chance, go over to the Sands Expo center for the nuts/bolts of the automobile service industry. Real hardcore industry tradeshow without the glitz and glamour however there is alway something interesting to look at for 3-4 hours one afternoon.

Bob Johnson
08-31-2006, 04:37 AM
ok..im going to SEMA this year to represent the company I work for (www.tricktrucks.com) and it is my first time. I have been to two PRI's before but I know that Sema is a lot bigger.

Is there anything I should know before I go there? And...are any of you all going so maybe I can finally put some faces to these names??!!!
bring some comfortable shoes!!!

jy211
08-31-2006, 04:59 AM
bring some comfortable shoes!!!

This is the truth! Also try and pre plan who you intend to see
:here!: ...knock that out first and then go back and see it all....:hand:

Dayton
08-31-2006, 09:34 AM
Is there anything I should know before I go there?

Have you ever walked 36 holes of golf? Several days in a row? My advise to the first timer is to walk, walk and walk before you go to get in shape.

SicMonte
08-31-2006, 03:24 PM
im gonna walk walk walk to get into shape for the ladies.....

im going for work...but minlly to have a blast!!! Who all from here is going?? and whats the deal with this Pro-Touring dinner?? id love to go to that!!

zbugger
08-31-2006, 04:22 PM
People from here go to SEMA? Hmmm.... I never heard of this.

lol.. Ok, ok, so we all hook up there. Keep an eye on the board here for tickets to the dinner, and feel free to contact whomever you want to meet up with that's going. I know I'll be there with Mr.Quick. Bunch of others will be there too. It'd be great to meet another member.

Bill Howell
08-31-2006, 05:45 PM
This is my second year. Last year I spent way too much time baby sitting the goat, this year, I will be hitting the beat, trying to see as much as possible.:bananna2:

SicMonte
08-31-2006, 08:43 PM
well...i def want to meet you all there. what is the dinner for??

zbugger
08-31-2006, 09:03 PM
The dinner is for eating

zbugger
08-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Ok, just kidding. It's for eating, and meeting other site members. You can also meet some of our advertisers there. It's a great deal.

jy211
09-01-2006, 09:28 AM
im gonna walk walk walk to get into shape for the ladies.....

For the ladies that will be around you better have the dead presidents ready...:smoke: otherwise you'll be doing some :bsjerk:

SicMonte
09-01-2006, 09:41 PM
im gonna save the dead presidents for the bunny ranch.....

Dayton
09-02-2006, 07:31 AM
I hate to break the news but the Bunny Ranch is in Carson City Nv. @ 400 miles away. Not that I've ever been there....

SicMonte
09-02-2006, 07:12 PM
crap..oh well..hahaha. I saw it on tv once...and the mom/daughter duo kinda caught my eye.....

im goin to hell.....