PDA

View Full Version : GM Performance Parts (GMPP)

dhardison
08-29-2006, 06:54 PM
Does anyone have a contact at GMPP? I'm tired of messing around with my local GMPP dealership and would like to speak with someone directly at GMPP corporate about my ZZ572 issues/problems.

If you can provide a name/number I will NOT reveal my source......

Thanks,
Dan

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20927
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21941
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20887

John McIntire
08-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Dan, this sucks about your 572, I dread the day I try and start mine. It's getting close though. I have a friend that works in the parts department at a local dealer, I'll ask him to snoop around. Where did you get your 572 from? Too bad you couldnt get that thing on a chassis dyno to simulate what is going on, i know you've already torn into it.

WS6
08-31-2006, 02:55 AM
Have you tried searching GM's website or GMPP's website? Don't look for contacts. Look for vice presidents and the like. They can be found in usually the corporate section of a site. You may have to do some digging through the site, but it's usually there somewhere. The contact page would take you customer service. Just a thought. Hope you can get ahold of someone.

dhardison
08-31-2006, 03:25 AM
Dan, this sucks about your 572, I dread the day I try and start mine. It's getting close though. I have a friend that works in the parts department at a local dealer, I'll ask him to snoop around. Where did you get your 572 from? Too bad you couldnt get that thing on a chassis dyno to simulate what is going on, i know you've already torn into it.

John, HOPEFULLY you don't have any of the trouble I'm experiencing. According to GMPP (through the dealership), they've only had to take a "handful" of 572s back. If it wasn't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.....

One thing that really burns my butt, is GMPPs lax attitude in getting anything accomplished. That plus the fact if they do replace the engine I'll never know what was wrong with this one. If you want I'll keep you posted.

dhardison
08-31-2006, 03:26 AM
Have you tried searching GM's website or GMPP's website? Don't look for contacts. Look for vice presidents and the like. They can be found in usually the corporate section of a site. You may have to do some digging through the site, but it's usually there somewhere. The contact page would take you customer service. Just a thought. Hope you can get ahold of someone.

Trey, I tried the main GMPP website, but I'll also try the corporate site as well. Good idea, thanks!

rocketman
08-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Tell your dealer you want a # for GMPP

Skip Fix
09-06-2006, 03:49 PM
What's the latest???

dhardison
09-07-2006, 04:35 AM
Most recently GMPP asked the that we verify the timing marks were lined up properly. Their thought was that maybe the cam gear was off by a tooth or more. The dealership offered to tear in to the 572 to verify, but with their blessing I did the work myself. After pulling the radiator, water pump, distributor, wires, plugs and headers, I lowered the trans tailshaft so I'd have enough room to drop the front of the oil pan (loads of fun). I pulled the timing cover but found that everything was aligned properly.

That was TWO weeks ago and my 572 is still in pieces. I'm afraid to put it all back together (so I can make some shows), but just as soon as I do they'll want me to tear it apart and check something else.

The dealership's GMPP contact was on vacation for a week so I lost time there, but the dealership has heard nothing since. I call them every freakin' day but for some reason GMPP won't return any calls they make (or so they say). I've personally tried to find some GMPP contact numbers, but so far I'm not having any luck there either.

My current inclination is to tear the dealership service manager a new a-hole, but they're the only GMPP liason I have at the moment. I keep telling myself that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar, but my frustration level is through the freakin' roof!

I have two major car shows to make toward the end of September, so I'll have to put it back together for that. After that I'm seriously considering pulling the engine and giving it to the dealership to make it right. As it is now I'm at their mercy and either do the work myself or take the car to them.

Skip Fix
09-07-2006, 01:05 PM
What does the warranty say in writing on their motors?

Here in Texas the "deceptive trade practices act' gets you triple damages, not sure if your state has one. The presented this motor as good and well built to you. You have a motor that is not correct for whatever reason. I assume the warranty it should be replaced. Might be time to start mentioning legal resolutions to speed them up. I would demand they get you a new one. As you said them working on your car -would worry me.

kennyd
09-07-2006, 01:17 PM
i have a gmpp 502 ,502hp that smokes . they tell me" they all do that " that is the word i get from the dealer also .

WS6
09-07-2006, 02:10 PM
You know I wonder if you could try Scoggins Dickies and see if someone there might be able to get you a number. Also is there anyone at GM corporate that would control GMPP or are they some what seperate. My thoughts are to get a hold on someone at corporate that while not associated with GMPP directly would have over sight or at least power to say call this person or I'll look into it. I hope this all gets straightened out soon for you. Good luck.

Neil B
09-07-2006, 04:59 PM
About 2 years ago, I submitted a question online to the old GMPP website. They responded a few days later using this email address.....

GM_Performance_Parts_Internet_Response_Team%GM@gm. com

It might be worth a shot.

Neil B
09-07-2006, 05:15 PM
Also, I found this contact page on the new website....

http://www.gmgoodwrench.com/Contact/index.jsp

I well-worded comment submission might get their attention.

dhardison
09-07-2006, 06:35 PM
What does the warranty say in writing on their motors

In a nutshell, "GM Performancem Parts warrants to the purchaser for the time and/or mileage indicated below, that it will repair or replace, at its option, using new or remanufactured parts, any GMPP engine or partial engine that fails due to defect in material or workmanship".

Since I installed the engine myself (vs. a GM dealer install), the engine is warranted for 12 months (parts only, no labor).

dhardison
09-07-2006, 06:36 PM
i have a gmpp 502 ,502hp that smokes . they tell me" they all do that " that is the word i get from the dealer also .

That's not encouraging.... :getout: :)

dhardison
09-07-2006, 06:36 PM
About 2 years ago, I submitted a question online to the old GMPP website. They responded a few days later using this email address.....

GM_Performance_Parts_Internet_Response_Team%GM@gm. com

It might be worth a shot.

Thanks Neil, it is indeed worth a shot. I tried the contact page with no results.

dhardison
09-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Well the GMPP dealership tech guy called me this afternoon. I assumed that all this time he was talking directly with a GMPP engineer, instead he's talking with someone in GMPP customer service who is then relaying the info to a GMPP engineer (can you say cluster-fck?). So after two weeks my update is that his GMPP cust. serv. guy is waiting on the GMPP engineers to give him an update.

I think it would be easier and faster for me to drive to Grand Blanc Michigan (GMPP corporate) and find the GMPP engineer myself.

dhardison
09-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Today I located a phone number to the "GM dealer complaint line". I don't have any problems with the dealer itself but feel that this number might get me in touch with someone at GMPP corporate/engineering. I feel that I've been patient enough and at this point should circumvent the dealer, but at the same time don't want to ruffle any feathers at the dealership that might cause me more grief and delays.

So, should I wait a little longer and see what GMPP corporate/engineer comes back with or make the "dealer complaint line" call?

Skip Fix
09-08-2006, 11:24 AM
I would think praising the dealership while complaining about GMPP and see if they have another line to call for GMPP complaints. Lots of praise for the dealership and their extra help.

I'd be going stir crazy and have to call nay number I had!

WS6
09-08-2006, 05:16 PM
I'd have to agree with Skip. I'd make it very clear to whoever you speak with that the dealership has done nothing wrong. I'd also tell the contact at the dealer this is what you have done. Take it as a team effort to trying to get this resolved.

mac71ss
09-08-2006, 06:33 PM
If you feel like taking a day trip this weekend autofest is in Frankenmuth, MI this weekend. It would be about 4 hour drive and the gm power shop is suppose to be there. Those guys would probably be able to get you in touch with who you need to talk to and you will get to check out a cool show! Anyway, i hate to hear you are having so many problems, your luck sounds like mine! Hope it gets better!

dhardison
09-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Skip Fix and WS6, I agree and have left a message with the dealership service tech. If he ever calls me back I'll make him and the service manager aware that I'm going to call GM direct. Hopefully THEY take it as a 'team effort' approach. It can't hurt, the dealership certainly can't do any less.

Thanks guys!

dhardison
09-08-2006, 07:00 PM
If you feel like taking a day trip this weekend autofest is in Frankenmuth, MI this weekend. It would be about 4 hour drive and the gm power shop is suppose to be there. Those guys would probably be able to get you in touch with who you need to talk to and you will get to check out a cool show! Anyway, i hate to hear you are having so many problems, your luck sounds like mine! Hope it gets better!

Thanks, the show I have next weekend is Super Chevy Columbus and the GMPP hauler will be there displaying their engines. I hope to obtain some info from those guys. Thanks for the info on the MI show.

TBART70
01-03-2007, 05:23 PM
any word on what was wrong?

dhardison
01-03-2007, 05:25 PM
any word on what was wrong?

It was the carb believe it or not. Check out this thread, 6th post from the bottom.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20887&page=2