PDA

View Full Version : Streets of Willow lap times?

PhillipM
08-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Now that some of you guys have been to the streets I was wondering what kind of lap times you were getting?? My best there is a 1:42.2, how about you guys?

wendell
08-30-2006, 06:18 AM
Lets hear it MEAN69. What's Sean good for over there?

alcino
08-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Here's my times
1:34.843 SOWS(Streets Of Willow Springs) CCW Blowpass May 13,2006
1:36.591 SOWS CW Blowpass May 14,2006

If you go here you can see times for anyone that has run with Speed Ventures at there locations.
http://speedventures.com/event_results.asp

Mean 69
08-30-2006, 10:44 AM
Sean has never had his car to Streets of Willow, though we did run the big track there early this year (very different). He was running mid 30's, like 1:35's or so, and there is still a lot left in the car. I was well out of that pace with my street car, mostly due to driver fear. I hope to get to Streets before the end of this year, it's a pretty friendly track as I understand (i.e. no big walls to hit, moderate speeds).
M

mpozzi
08-30-2006, 03:00 PM
SOW is indeed a very forgiving track compared to others we've run. There's not much to hit besides a tumbleweed or ten. I turned 1:35's with my slug of a Camaro and had much fun. Cars with lower HP and lower weight kicked my butt. Hard getting a 3500 lb car stopped, turned, and going again but we managed. My key was never stopping.

SOW is a slower speed course compared to the big track but accuracy and proper driving will really lower your times. Braking and handling will overcome any horsepower advantage on this course.

However, that said . . . don't take the track lightly and offer respect as if you leave the track surface at speed, you will be in the dirt for a while. SpeedVentures isn't as strict about OC's and as long as you can get back on safely, they usually won't call you in for a consultation. With the Shelby Club events, or Green Flag Driving, OC's will have you coming in the following lap and the matter will be "discussed." If you do it again, you sit out the session. A third time and you're going home. There is usually no fourth time . . .

The run groups are also pretty loose for both organizations and if you have little track experience, then go with the Red Group. This group has designated passing zones but is fun. The Green and Blue Groups (middle to quickest if I remember correctly) still have passing zones but more of them. The drivers are also pretty experienced as well. Some fast guys and gals, too. Both have websites.

If you get a chance to run SOW, do it. There's a few of us that are going to Buttonwillow later September and over the Thanksgiving weekend. Please think about joining us as it would be fun to have some new P-Ter's there.

Hope to see you,
Mary Pozzi

CarlC
08-30-2006, 05:49 PM
Here's my times
1:34.843 SOWS(Streets Of Willow Springs) CCW Blowpass May 13,2006
1:36.591 SOWS CW Blowpass May 14,2006

If you go here you can see times for anyone that has run with Speed Ventures at there locations.
http://speedventures.com/event_results.asp

1:35.4, CW the same day as Alcino.

Ditto what Mary said. The big track at Willow is FAST.

PhillipM
08-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Thats pretty cool that they keep the times like that. Come to find out my best was a 1:41.0... and that was on street tires. I see that you guys were running dot R tires. I ran 9/16/05 at the SOW.

rogue
06-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Just ran a 1:34 today...

z1XCPhy9WV0

PhillipM
07-07-2009, 10:07 PM
Was that on street tires or R tires?

CurtiSS 69
07-08-2009, 08:50 PM
Thats pretty cool that they keep the times like that. Come to find out my best was a 1:41.0... and that was on street tires. I see that you guys were running dot R tires. I ran 9/16/05 at the SOW.

Phillip,

That may be a very good time for such a large car with street tires on that course. Streets of Willow is a course that really favors lightweight and handling as Mary brought up earlier. Come on out to Buttonwillow 2 October and let that Olds stretch its legs. You'll like the results.

In my opinion anyone who tracks their PT car is a winner regards of the lap times. As we say in NASA: Lap times are immaterial until you are to the driving level where you are competing in Time Trials. I just work on my skills and have fun.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

PhillipM
07-09-2009, 03:35 PM
Phillip,

That may be a very good time for such a large car with street tires on that course. Streets of Willow is a course that really favors lightweight and handling as Mary brought up earlier. Come on out to Buttonwillow 2 October and let that Olds stretch its legs. You'll like the results.

In my opinion anyone who tracks their PT car is a winner regards of the lap times. As we say in NASA: Lap times are immaterial until you are to the driving level where you are competing in Time Trials. I just work on my skills and have fun.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

October 2nd is a Friday so I will be working :( It's also about an 8 hour drive.. double whammy.

CurtiSS 69
07-09-2009, 09:28 PM
October 2nd is a Friday so I will be working :( It's also about an 8 hour drive.. double whammy.

It isn't that difficult...Vacation.

Regards

CurtiSS 69

PhillipM
07-10-2009, 07:49 AM
I know but I just took my 2 weeks off for Power Tour. Oh well. Such is the life huh.