PDA

View Full Version : 68 Camaro Sure Fit A/C Kit

jvest
08-28-2006, 05:20 PM
If I go ahead and cap my old blower motor hole, will I have to remove the fender to install the Vintage Air Sure Fit A/C kit? I would like to go ahead and spray the jams and install the front cap back on before I buy the A/C kit. I would like to wait until right before I spray the car before I spend that money.

Thanks for the help,
Jim

KUL FIR CHICK N
08-29-2006, 03:29 AM
If you use a sure fit, you can go ahead and cap the blower hole. If you use the Gen 2 setup that DSE offers, you'll need to run your lines through that hole.

Modo Innovations
09-11-2006, 06:09 PM
I posted this pic a while back. I have a Sure Fit kit. I looked into the Gen II set up. Before I made up my mind I called VA and asked them if the cooling capacity was the same or close between the two kits? He asked where I lived and when I told him TX he said I would be happier with the Sure Fit. https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2286&d=1109549370

130fe
09-12-2006, 05:12 AM
The reason most remove the fender is to remove the factory heater case (engine side). The blower motor side of the box is too large to remove (if everything is still attached). I guess you could remove the tire and inner fender to do the same task. I remove the fender and inner fender as an assembly when I did my install and the extra working room helped out. Now if I could ever get time to install the S&P accessory brackets (to mount the sanden compressor) I could finally reap the benefits of AC.