PDA

View Full Version : nOObie

Fawkes
11-05-2004, 11:40 PM
Alright, my name is Todd. I have a 1980 Firebird Esprit that I've been working on for way too long and have made way too little progress. However, since it will be emmisions exempt starting in January, I figure I can go hog wild on it now.

Mods to date: Swapped from the original 3.8 V6 to a 400 Pontiac 2-bbl. The engine is a '73 and the points distributor has been replaced by an HEI. The exhaust is a set of Heddman 3-tube headers in to a 2.5" Flowmaster Force II (pictures on my website).

Mods in the works: 750 vacuum secondary Holley, Performer RPM manifold. Wheels and tires will be ordered this winter. I'll be using the 17" ZR1 3rd gen F-body wheels from SLP, and will probably keep the 245/45 KDWS's on there for the time being.

Future mods: Replacing the TH350 with a standard transmission. I'm not sure at this time where I'm going to go with that, but since I'm a cheap b@st@rd, it'll probably be a 4- or 5-speed. Before that though, I will be upgrading the suspension and brakes with Eibach springs, WS6 front/rear sway bars and swap in some discs in the back. The peg legged 2.73 rear end will also be upgraded (also depending on the trans that I end up going with). All in all, nothing too radical. My ultimate goal is a cool, clean, fun car for the whole family.

Ralph LoGrasso
11-07-2004, 02:11 PM
Welcome aboard, Todd. Be sure to post progress pics on your car!