PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Kris

ProdigyCustoms
11-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Having lived this dream / nightmare roller coaster ride, I know there is a tremendous pressure getting a project like this ready for a show of this magnitude. For someone that has never done it, it is almost impossible to imagine how many unexpected headaches and surprises can pop up when such a hard deadline is in place. When you combine a tight time schedule, some quality (cough) repo parts, a few unreliable helpers and sub contractors, and a rookie father and son team, things can be bit stressful as show time approach's.
Kris, you and dad did a hell of a job being as ready as you were in the time you had to do it. I am certain everyone on this board appreciate your effort, but I suspect it is the pros here that really appreciates your accomplishment.
I mean, Dude, your 20 years old and your first car is at SEMA!!!!
The car looks great and will be fantastic when 100%.
I enjoyed talking to the proud daddy, your dad. Being one myself, I appreciated his pride as it is well deserved.
I know you and dad got your just deserts, I was happy to hear mom did well at the slots. Sounds like it was a fantasy weekend for your entire family. I am sure winning the big door prize was just the topping on the cake.
Congratulations pal. For what it is worth, I for one am impressed.

Pro-touring towncar
11-05-2004, 12:39 PM
got a pic of the car?

tim

CAMAROBOY69
11-05-2004, 01:33 PM
How the heck could you post something like that without pics??!!!!??
:postpics:

c.schulz
11-05-2004, 01:51 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
The car looked great Kris! Came buy to hook up with ya but you never called me back.You never call me any more :crying:
Chris

colt zantop
11-05-2004, 02:01 PM
wow! that is an accomplishment!! very nice job Kris!!

colt45

CAMAROBOY69
11-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Congrats Kris. Right now you are one of the most amazing people that I have met on the internet or in general. 20 years old and you are just an amazing inspiration to everyone with your car drawings and now the real life car. Just amazing!!!!! :cheers:

jonny51
11-05-2004, 02:32 PM
Nice,good work Kris!

mdprovee
11-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Congratulation Kris, the car turned out nice, just like all of your work. I know it must have been hard work.

Mike

CarlC
11-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Kris,

Nice work, and the Hitachi guys are very pleased.

Congrats on your accomplishments.

Steve1968LS2
11-05-2004, 06:23 PM
Very nice.. I can now say "hey, I know that guy!!"

He won a good raffle prize too..

Nine Ball
11-05-2004, 07:05 PM
The car was badass, and I didn't even get to see under the hood! Good to meet ya Kris.

Tony

protour_chevelle
11-05-2004, 09:11 PM
Hey Kris! Your missing a gas peddle.

Haha, Just havin fun!

What a way to start out. Your first car at Sema. One badass car I might add. Congrats on your acomplishments!(sp?)

-Matt

ProdigyCustoms
11-05-2004, 11:08 PM
I would love to have posted pics, except some a$$hole stole my brand new killer $600 camera I bought specifically for the show 3 days before! Thursday, at a booth with a red protour 68, I set it down for 10 seconds at most to look under the car, and when I turned around it was gone. Damn I hate theifs!
I don't want to highjack the thread with a pitty party, I already know everyone is sorry for my loss. And yes I am still pissed!

yody
11-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Kris did a great job! not to mention a great prize he won!

awr68
11-06-2004, 05:30 PM
Yes Kris one hell of a job considering it's your first attempt and the schedule and all...I mean DAMN SEMA on your first build...I should only be so lucky!!! :)

It was very nice talking to you again and I'll see ya next year!!!

Congrats!!!! :)

KrisHorton
11-06-2004, 08:06 PM
I just stepped in the door about ten minutes ago. I never thought I would be glad to leave Vegas, but I was really ready to go home today. Thanks for the kind words everyone. To anyone who I didn't get to talk to at SEMA and everyone here that didn't make it to the show this year, it's been a hell of a ride. A ride that is actually far from over. I consider the SEMA show being a break from working on the car.

As a lot of you know, we got the car about 85-90% finished. We had a tremendous amount of bad luck ranging from parts that didn't fit to people shipping us parts for a different car (last time I checked, I didn't own a Mustang...) and sponsors bailing on us in the home stretch. Almost all of the work was done in our garage at our house with no more than 4 people working on it at any given time. I'm not talking four professionals either. I mean me, my dad, my girlfriend Erin (who is awesome!) and anyone else that was around while we were wrenching on the car.

I have to give the most credit to my dad for making it happen. He donated more blood, sweat, and cash to this project than anyone and I appreciate that beyond words. A special thanks to my girlfriend, Erin, who was absolutely incredible over the past months and was always ready to lend a helping hand or listen to me complain about stress. I've really found a keeper. I also want to thank my mom. She has never quite grasped the passion for cars that my dad and I have, but she has had a very supportive and positive attitude the entire time. She was also very understanding of the house being full of car parts and boxes over the past few months.

This project has been a testament to many things and has helped me learn to appreciate a lot of things. I have learned to appreciate people who keep promises; I have learned to appreciate parts that fit on the car like they are supposed to without any *ahem* modifications; I have learned to appreciate hard workers that will not rest until a job is done, even if it means falling asleep at their day job; and most of all I have learned to appreciate friends and family because no matter how crappy and hopeless things seem at times, they are the people who make you feel like nothing can stand in your way.

I had a great time at the show and enjoyed getting to meet everyone face to face this time around. I met a lot of the great people that post on this board as well as Lateral-G.net and feel as though I have made 100 new friends. Larry did a great job of bringing all of us together. Sorry for winning the big prize by the way....

Kris Horton

1970cuda
11-06-2004, 08:15 PM
did you say mustang? great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robyn

protour_chevelle
11-06-2004, 08:59 PM
So what did you win Kris? If you dont mind me asking. I was one of the unlucky ones that wasn't able to make it :crying:

-Matt

yody
11-06-2004, 09:42 PM
...a set of baer brakes, (which you deserve as much as anyone else). 4 people!!! i have to work by myself!!!! 98% of my car I did by myself! including puttin the engine/trans in. I liked the car a lot, It could use a little more detail here and there, but i am sure you will address that. I can't imagine builidng my FIRST car and having it at SEMA!! I consider myself pretty young at 24, but if you looked at my car when i was 20, i think i had an 86 442 with an olds 307!!! Good for you, very business oriented of you to think of finding sponsors and so forth to fund your build. That is a big accomplishment. You seem like a genuine nice guy, along with many of the other members. Cant wait to see your next car, next year :)

protour_chevelle
11-07-2004, 11:25 AM
What a sweet prize! Congrats once again Kris!

-Matt

Ralph LoGrasso
11-07-2004, 01:31 PM
Congrats again on the car, Kris! It was great meeting you in person.