PDA

View Full Version : I can't get a hotel room for SEMA! Any ideas?

Larry Callahan
08-26-2006, 07:49 AM
I can't get a hotel room for SEMA! Any ideas?

Anyone know of a hotel near the convention center not charging $300+ a night for a hotel? I can't beleive they (Greek Isles) sold out the entire hotel and didn't save a room for me. You would think in Las Vegas I might be able to get a free room since we are using the banqutte room but nooooo! I can't even pay for one. Hauling the SEMA dinner stuff and moving between two hotels is going to be a pain in a cab.

Any idea? Anyone have a room booked they are not going to use?

Jagarang
08-26-2006, 08:05 AM
I'm staying at The Orleans. I think it's 4.5 miles from the Conv. Center if I remember correctly.

hdesign
08-26-2006, 10:38 AM
Yeah, I'm sort of in the same situation now. My brother (who lives in Vegas) decided he misses Mommy too much so he's moving back home, leaving me without a place to crash. Where is eveyone staying? I heard that the Flamingo, Circus Circus and Stratosphere usually have a SEMA discount. If those are booked already I may try places closer to the airport since I'm renting a car anyway. As long as I can avoid staying at a "pay by the hour" hotel, I should be OK. EEEEEEEEWWWWW!

Larry, I'm gonna make some called and do some research online. I'll post what I find.

vintageracer
08-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Larry,

Call me at 615 347 7459. I have a reservation from Wednesday night thru Friday night at the Stratosphere. You may be able to get Sunday-Tuesday night there since it's just the first half of the week and bunk with me the last half of the week. My wife is not coming with me. Of course your wife may be coming with you? I will not be arriving until Wednesday due to Halloween and Kid commitments.

Just a thought????

Larry Callahan
08-27-2006, 03:03 PM
I got a room!!!! Cindy at the Greek Isles went up the cain at the hotel until she got me a room! Thanks for the offers guys but I'm cool now. Phew!

Larry Callahan
08-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Speaking of Halloween, I'm leaving early to SEMA on Halloween which is also the wife's b-day. Doh!

zbugger
08-27-2006, 04:11 PM
"Happy birthday honey. I'm getting out of your hair." You never know, Larry. It could work...... Or not.

Larry Callahan
08-27-2006, 05:53 PM
lol Trick or treat!

pushrod243
08-28-2006, 05:50 PM
I got a room at Harrahs through SEMa for $149 a nite just reserved it two weeks ago. Its a little further than the greek isles the have shuttle but we walked most of the time last trip

CraigMorrison
10-24-2006, 05:23 PM
Best Western Mardi Gras - Just down the street on Paradise Road. Just canceled a room there. Within walking distance of the show (less than a 1320ft) and about 120 or so a night. Good drinks at the bar.....

Give them a call 7 zero two - seven 3 1 - twenty twenty.