PDA

View Full Version : Pontiac EFI?

72 GOAT
08-23-2006, 11:58 AM
I'm looking to run an EFI setup on my 400 Pontiac. Can anyone lend some advise, I looked into the Eddie setup but could not find one for a Pontiac, anyone have any suggestions?

Jimmy Sean
08-23-2006, 12:50 PM
Try the "search this Forum" button it will give you some info on pontiac efi.

Rolling_Thunder
08-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Edelbrock has pontiac EFI manifolds

ProdigyCustoms
08-23-2006, 03:44 PM
We have a complete Pontiac set up

Skip Fix
08-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Edelebrock makes two intakes to take injectors one is base on the Torker II and I think they call it a Victor. The other is based on the Victor and I think they call it the Super Victor. They sell the fuel rails for both also. I think the actual injectors for the Torker II version are shorter Pico injectors to keep the fuel rail lower for thorttle body clearance if you use a "regular" throttle body.

The true Victor intake is a pretty tall one and you'll need plenty of hood clearance to fit it.

72 GOAT
08-24-2006, 06:18 AM
Thanks everyone for your help.

digger1978
08-24-2006, 06:55 AM
I don't think the electronics are out for the Pontiacs yet from Edelbrock. I don't know what the hold up is from Edelbrock. You can get the EFI intake, throttle body, rails and injectors, but no electronics. Butler Performance has a killer set up using F.A.S.T. technology. They use Edelbrock's set up but with F.A.S.T. electronics. Complete systems start at $3,495 including ready to run fuel and timing maps. http://www.jbp-pontiac.com/products/carbs_fuel_systems/fuelInjection.html

Hammered
08-24-2006, 04:10 PM
I put my own system together for my Pontiac and have some details on my website below. I would not wait on the Edelbrock system. I am guessing that the hold up is because they haven't invested in developing program maps for common combinations. Their system uses an e-prom like the early 80s GM cars with a hand held control that allows you to trim some of the settings. Any major mods and you need to go back to them for a new chip. Not my idea of what aftermarket EFI should be about.