PDA

View Full Version : Summit Headers/2nd Gen Firebird

OLDFLM
08-22-2006, 07:02 AM
Finally got the Summit 4-tubes installed this weekend... who makes them again?

What a PITA! The driver's side collector hit the floor and had to be notched and welded to make room... and the steering/shift linkage hits the top of the collector/back of pipe making it tough to get the car into gear and keep it there... almost made me want to re-install the 3-tube Alumicoats!

Has anyone else used the Summit headers on an early 2nd Gen with an auto?
Is it safe to just disconnect the steering/shift linkage? Can the rods be bent to make it work?

Comments/recommendations/thoughts appreciated!

V/R,
Ty

a73formula
09-01-2006, 08:50 AM
I tryed to put some on and gave up. I then bought some hookers and had no problems. I am currently running the heddmans with the edlebrock heads.

OLDFLM
09-11-2006, 06:14 AM
I'll leave them on there for now... more of a pain to get them off than it's worth!

I plan to get some Hedman 28150s which are said to be the best fitting of all the headers for 2nd gen cars... I may even get them coated before I put them on.

Still $200 for the Hedmans + $200 to have them coated is way better than $600+ for Dougs and they'll fit better!

V/R,
Ty

72.RS/SS
10-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Call Jet Hot and get a price for the Hedman 28150s. It is way cheaper to buy them already coated from them. I sent a set of Afterburners not to long ago. For about $100 more I could have had a new set and not paid shipping to them.