PDA

View Full Version : LS1 harness question

phoenixdawg
08-21-2006, 09:04 AM
When you had your harness reworked for your conversion did you use the factory length or add length to the harness? I am sure it depends on where you mount the ecm, so if I were to mount the ecm in the glove box will it require extra length?

Ron S
08-21-2006, 10:37 AM
Most of the time people mount the pcm under the dash.All the harnesses I've done are factory harnessses that are factory length and seem to work fine,but if you had additional length,it would probably give you a little more options

Phillip_L
08-21-2006, 11:58 AM
I used an S&P and put the computer behind the glove box. Standard length was fine. Extra harness would hurt me. It not the most flexable harness in the world.

Steve1968LS2
08-21-2006, 12:08 PM
On my '69 I used the factory length and mouted the ECU on the trans tunnel under the dash. It was then covered up by the custom center console.

On my '68 I had the harness made longer and the ECU will mount on the backside of the firewall. I built a standoff plate for this area so I'm on stuffing screws through my pretty firewall. Then again, I'm not running heat so I have plenty of room.

phoenixdawg
08-21-2006, 01:29 PM
thanks for the replies guys that helps

gEtyOpAPiOn
08-22-2006, 07:54 PM
well with the ls2 you have plenty of wire to place it just about anywhere ...with the stock harness on an ls1 i mounted it on top of the heater box and it had plenty left ....if you use a corvette harness then you have like an extra foot ....its just a matter on peeling the whole harness and removing all the pins out the pcm plugs so you can untangle the wires ...i still dont know how they get all that mess wrapped up it reminds me of my hair when i dont brush it lol and just use a rubber band lol