PDA

View Full Version : Lowering springs!!!

73firebird
11-03-2004, 11:23 PM
Ok guys heres a question. Im getting ready to lower my firebird, its a 73 formula. I was wondering what kind of experience everyone has had with their springs. I was looking at the hotchkis 2 inch ones but dont know which ones to use. One set is for a car with a 400 or bigblock and one is for a small blcok or a big block with aluminum heads. As most pontiacers know ther eis no big or small block excluding the 301. I was also looking at getitng a custom set from coil spring specialities. The second part of my question is 2 inches going to be good enough. ill be running 16x8 tt2'2 with a 235/55/16 tire. I want that nice tucked in the fenderwell look. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Carlo

baz67
11-04-2004, 08:15 AM
Welcome Carlo. The Hotchkis stuff is good stuff. I feel you would not complain about the quality. As for the lowering, it depends on how low you want to go. I know people have been happy with the 2" lower hotckis. If it is not low enough you could always put in a lowering block to get it down some more.

You should be able to get the look you want if you have the correct backspacing on your rims.
Brian

79T/Aman
11-06-2004, 05:43 PM
Carlo, I have Global West 780# springs on my car a 79 t/a 455 no air, they are fine if you have a pontiac or a bbc w/air but I removed about 250 lbs. off my front end and they hit bumps a little hard but not harsh,you will need a solid body if you put in heavy springs,I have frame connectors, engine bay braces and a 6 point roll bar as the car has t-tops