PDA

View Full Version : Carb Crazy

sskustomz
08-18-2006, 04:26 PM
now i havent been around that much lately becuase ive actually got own business of the ground:twothumbs doing susp mods and lots of body work but anyway im a carb retard iv got a 327,202 160 vlv,536 lift cam pertronix hei and the car seems very lazy as far as throttle response it has 6 psi fuel 45 power vlv 76 main jets,its a vacum secondary electric chocke holley 750 the secondaries dont seem to open up no matter how much throttle you give it any and all help greatly appreciated

68sixspeed
08-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Definately check your vac. secondaries, maybe the wrong spring or a bad diaphram? Also a 4.5 power valve is going to open way too late for such a mild engine. Most holley's ship with a 6.5 which is good for most applications as a starting point.

MonzaRacer
11-11-2006, 11:21 PM
Actually 68 thats wrong the 4.5 is pretty much perfect in my opinion.
As for the lazy part its probably the secondary air valve spring being to stiff.
Get a new secondary diaphram ,a quick change kit and set of springs,,, you will probably need to use one of the lighter springs I usually use one of the lighter yellow ones, but with a quick change kit you can swap them at will.
what you shoot for is a smooth steady progressive acceleration not a big stumble as most people make the mistake of set it for.
Good luck and dont worry about the power valve I use a 4 or 4.5 and I only have a GMPP LT4 HOT roller.
Lee