PDA

View Full Version : Pypes Exhaust Kit-Your Opinions?

1Fine69
08-12-2006, 09:18 AM
i was lookng throguh jegs this mornign and found these guys. i was thinking about getting this kit and buying the mufflers i wanted. im not sure i might even go with pypes mufflers as well but i dont know how they flow or sound. what do u guys think?

http://216.178.81.107/iwwidb.pvx?;multi_item_submit

http://pypesexhaust.com/sys-camaro.html

Marty G Cars
08-16-2006, 03:56 AM
I thought their system was interesting too so that's what I bought for my 68. I got their header back 2.5" kit with an x-pipe, rear exit, and no mufflers. I then bought Hooker Aero-Flow 2.5" mufflers and took the whole set up to the shop I use for exhaust work and had it all welded up. I liked it because all of the bends were mandrel so there is great flow from the headers to the tailpipes. This system sounds great! Not really loud at all untill you get on it and then it's all pure heaven with out any of that tingy Flowmaster type of rattling.

rockdogz
08-16-2006, 07:52 AM
I got their 3" system with x-pipe and used spintech mufflers. I had the muffler shop weld everything up, and it appears they did some modifications to get everything to fit well but I'm not sure how much.

Zee
09-12-2006, 07:22 PM
I have their 2.5" header back with Magnaflows. Sounds great and fits well. Installed and tacked myself then finish welded at the exhaust shop.

NovaPwr
09-13-2006, 06:10 PM
I have their 2 1/2" header back X pipe system. Tacked it up myself then had a friend fully weld it. Running their street pro mufflers. Fit pretty well and sounds pretty quiet until you open it up.
Dave

critter
09-13-2006, 06:37 PM
I'm about to purchase a 2.5 inch system with the crossflow muffler for my TA. The owner, Chris Casperson, is a stand up guy with a great product. You can't go wrong with the Pypes system.

pitts64
11-10-2006, 06:38 PM
I have the Pipes 2-1/2" GTO system, no crossover, with the long Dynomax Super turbo mufflers.

PT Goat
11-10-2006, 07:24 PM
I love my Pypes x-change system with electric cutouts on my GTO.

Bad Bowtie
11-10-2006, 07:49 PM
I recently used their 3" kit w/ "x" crossover and their race flow mufflers on a 69 GTO 467 ci and I was quite surprised at how well it sounded. It fit very well and did not need any mods for installation and this was 3" over the rearend and out the back. I was impressed on just how "quite" it was in the car. It sure sounded mean out back too. The customer was thrilled with the system.
BB

analyte
11-15-2006, 09:09 PM
I bought their 3 in tails and built the system forward using ultraflo mufflers into an x-pipe. The fit wasn't great out of the box going over the rearend. It required some shaping on the upward turn from the front and the downward turn after clearing the axle tube. The pipes also didn't tuck up into the quarter like I was told they would so more shaping was required to be as hidden as possible before the turndowns were welded on. It bit because I the guys fitting the system together had to use a non-mandrel bender to get it to fit. In the end, I should have paid the muffler shope less than half the cost of the pypes tails+shipping and had the same final result. I'm somewhat happy now, but regardless of what I was told when ordering, it didn't fit, so I wasn't able to piece it together in my garage and weld it myself to save money like my original plan. Kerry

DeepBlue68
11-16-2006, 08:49 PM
I bought their 3 in tails and built the system forward using ultraflo mufflers into an x-pipe. The fit wasn't great out of the box going over the rearend. It required some shaping on the upward turn from the front and the downward turn after clearing the axle tube. The pipes also didn't tuck up into the quarter like I was told they would so more shaping was required to be as hidden as possible before the turndowns were welded on. It bit because I the guys fitting the system together had to use a non-mandrel bender to get it to fit. In the end, I should have paid the muffler shope less than half the cost of the pypes tails+shipping and had the same final result. I'm somewhat happy now, but regardless of what I was told when ordering, it didn't fit, so I wasn't able to piece it together in my garage and weld it myself to save money like my original plan. Kerry
analyte - what car did you put this system on?

analyte
11-17-2006, 09:28 PM
analyte - what car did you put this system on? 66 Chevelle

critter
12-01-2006, 02:25 PM
My system for my second generation TA went in smoothly and fit like a glove. All I had to do was trim off the head pipes for the right length. Tucks up nice and tight. I did it all myself and did it in a 2 car garage.

1Fine69
12-20-2006, 09:26 PM
kit is awsome. it wasnt good without tails but now that they are on....its the nicest sounding system i have ever heard. the delta force flowmasters are loud but still retain that perfect tone while flowing well all the while

ProTouring442
12-21-2006, 04:10 AM
Do they make stainless stuff??

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
'72 442 "Inamorata"
www.FQuick.com/ProTouring442 (http://www.FQuick.com/ProTouring442)

73ta
12-21-2006, 09:51 AM
The kit I'm waiting for is a crossflow setup in stainless. Last I heard was going to be available early 07. Check their website and give them a call. Very helpful folks.

LS6 Tommy
12-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Do they make stainless stuff??

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
'72 442 "Inamorata"
www.FQuick.com/ProTouring442 (http://www.FQuick.com/ProTouring442)

I spoke to one of their guys at the '06 Corvettes @ Carlisle. They are discontinuing the coated exhaust systems due to lead time and cost problems and will be offering SS at the same $$.:cool:

Tommy