PDA

View Full Version : Detroit speed 69 camaro dash panel

VenturaII
08-10-2006, 03:40 PM
On Detroits website they show Alderman's project with a detroit dash panel. The gauge holes appear to be countersunk. I have found a punch/flare tool for up to a 3 inch hole that would do something similiar, but not a 5 inch. I wonder if they used the same style punch/ flare tool only bigger, or something different?

PhillipM
08-27-2006, 08:02 PM
I would also like to know!!! The gauges counter sunk like that really look good. Maybe I could mark where I want the holes and then send it back to DSE to have them punch/counter sink them. Hmmm. :dunno:

Matt@RFR
08-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Disclaimer: I don't know what their dash insert looks like.

DSE is mighty fond of doing their parts as stampings, and I'd bet that's what you're seeing. If they do the holes individually, they've made their own flaring tool, as I don't think anyone is selling hole flares that big.

By the way, the AutoMeter 5" tach's need a 4 5/8" hole, not 5".

PhillipM
08-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Disclaimer: I don't know what their dash insert looks like.

DSE is mighty fond of doing their parts as stampings, and I'd bet that's what you're seeing. If they do the holes individually, they've made their own flaring tool, as I don't think anyone is selling hole flares that big.

By the way, the AutoMeter 5" tach's need a 4 5/8" hole, not 5".

Here is a picture of what the dash looks like. I'm not sure what size of a flare this is but either way I wouldn't mind doing it to mine! That really turned out nice.:cool:
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/08/Alderman101_L-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/08/Alderman099_L-1.jpg

Matt@RFR
08-29-2006, 06:33 PM
Those are either stamped at the time of fabrication of the panel itself or stamped as an option or whatever in a seperate press.

There's ways to do that on your own, but you can count on atleast $300-$500 per hole size for the tooling.

Have you called DSE and asked?

PhillipM
08-30-2006, 06:25 PM
No, but I am going to do that next. Thank you for the help.

eguyett1985
11-05-2006, 08:38 PM
Did anybody find out if DSE offers this as an option?