PDA

View Full Version : Any opinions on the Arizona Speed & Marine "ram intake"?

davepl
08-07-2006, 03:36 PM
I've come across a used one of these intakes:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/08/azspeed_1907_2158423-1.jpg

I'm thinking it might be the answer to my hood clearance problems. But I've never talked to anyone who's run one, or if its good for a supercharged application.

Anyone have any experience with these, or anecdotal info?

- Dave

EFI69Cam
08-07-2006, 06:27 PM
I have this intake, it fits under a stock first gen cowl hood, but you will have to trim the airbox in the hood.

davepl
08-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Just to double-check, yours is on a bigblock, correct?

How do you like the intake? Would you do it again if you had the choice?

Any other "gotchas" when using this intake, like distributor clearance, or anything I might not have thought of?

The guy wants $900 for his used one, but with SuperVictor EFI intakes just over $300, that seems a little high.

EFI69Cam
08-09-2006, 11:08 AM
Just to double-check, yours is on a bigblock, correct?

How do you like the intake? Would you do it again if you had the choice?

Any other "gotchas" when using this intake, like distributor clearance, or anything I might not have thought of?

The guy wants $900 for his used one, but with SuperVictor EFI intakes just over $300, that seems a little high.

Mine is on a big block.

If I could do it over again I would go with a converted single plane carb intake, but that is because my setup is NA.
I bought the ASM intake because all the converted setups like force etc seemed real flacky. You can get good manifolds from big name companies now.

900 is not bad if you are getting the TB, fuel rails and throttle linkage kit. You'll pay ~$500 for a billet 1300cfm square bore TB to put on the Supervictor.

The throttle linkage is a rube goldberg arragement, and requires additional hood clearance.