PDA

View Full Version : Universal radiator mounting

FMG CAMARO
08-04-2006, 07:25 PM
I purchased a universal radiator from Summit for my 1968 camaro. I can not figure out how to mount it. It does not have brackets. I bought a mounting kit but it looks useless. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks

derekf
08-04-2006, 08:49 PM
My understanding is that that's pretty much par for the course with the universal radiators -- it's expected that you're going to fabricate up your own mounts.

Are the dimensions of the radiator that you got close enough to the stock radiator where you can use the stock style mounting, with the saddles at the bottom and the plate at the top?

What does the mounting kit look like it's expecting you to do?

Oh, and welcome to the site! Post up in the Welcome forum and show us some pics of your Camaro!

ProTouring442
08-05-2006, 04:44 AM
I made my mounts using stock style rubber mounts and fabricating brackets to hole them in place. I'll try to take some pictures later and post them for you. My car is a '72 442, but the radiator mounting I used would probably work for you. I am surely not a professional fabricator, so if I can make them, you can too! :geek:

Shiny Side Up!
Bill
'72 442 "Inamorata"

whytry
08-22-2006, 07:51 AM
I made my mounts too, I went with the Griffin universal for my Camaro. I will see if I can find some better pics of how I made it....