PDA

View Full Version : $10k "pro touring" Camaro??? makes ya wonder..

Steve1968LS2
10-31-2004, 09:23 PM
Gotta love this one:

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/4/9/76267349.htm

Detroit Speed TUBS? :squint:

Big Brakes?

Well what kind? I have a hard time believing from the pic that the car has thousands of dollars worth of DSE mini tub parts..

I guess you can slap the term "pro touring" on anything these days ;)

awr68
10-31-2004, 09:48 PM
Seems like with DSE tubs they could have actually fit the rear tires/wheels under the car??

Bill Howell
10-31-2004, 09:57 PM
I guess a "create" motor is something new I have not heard of yet. I guess it runs 160 because of the weight savings due to no front bumper.

RobM
11-01-2004, 09:58 AM
id like to see that car do 160. also makes you wonder why would you spend on "dse tubs" when your ineriour and body still needs some work

MuscleRodz
11-01-2004, 10:17 AM
That car was at the Power Tour stop in Tulsa. I will try and find my pics and see if I took any closeups of it. $10K would be a steal if it wasn't a rust bucket and actually has all those parts.

Mike

MrQuick
11-01-2004, 10:24 AM
I was going to say, has anyone seen this car in person? I would not judge till you saw what it had, looks like a nice car but you can't tell from one picture.

will69camaro
11-01-2004, 01:22 PM
I was also going to ask if there were any other pics of it because it doesn't look horrible from the pic. Not that great but it would be a very nice start especially if it has all that stuff. I'd spend the money on DSE tubs if i could and my car doesn't look any better than that one i dont think.

William

Steve1968LS2
11-01-2004, 02:54 PM
I was also going to ask if there were any other pics of it because it doesn't look horrible from the pic. Not that great but it would be a very nice start especially if it has all that stuff. I'd spend the money on DSE tubs if i could and my car doesn't look any better than that one i dont think.

William

My point in this tread was NOT to say the car was crap.. just that people have funny ads..

Big Brakes? How big? what is BIG? 4 wheel disc? Is having front disc brakes "big brakes"? How about some more info..

DSE SPEED TUBS.. Mini tubs? Does this mean wider wheels.. if it has $3k worth of tubs you would expect the car to be more than $10k.. especially with the mysterious big brakes ;)

160mph? Well unless that car is putting out some serious power 160 would be tough considering how "aerodynamicly challenged" the car is.. Again, this doesnt mesh with a $10k pricetag..

If it has mini-tubs (done well) and BIG BRAKES (that are actually big) then its a deal at $10k..

The ad just struck me as odd.. :squint:

TonyHuntimer
11-01-2004, 03:24 PM
This guy might not know what he has... and if so, maybe someone needs to pick it up as a great deal. Not even knowing what brakes it has... the other parts could make it a FRIGGIN' STEAL. ..even with a crEate engine.

:)
Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

P.S. Maybe his wife or financial situation is making him sell it fast. That's been known to happen from time to time.

Bill Howell
11-01-2004, 04:38 PM
Tony,
I took your advise and called the guy. The car sold Saturday so I guess we will never know. I still fall on the side that Pro-touring should be more than just a word. How many Pro-street cars have I seen in the past 20 years that were p-s in name only. I hate to see that trend start with Pro-touring. I'd like to think my malibu project will not be grouped with cars like this one just because someone thought they were Pro-tour. I understand Pro-tour is a broad stroke grouping but wide tires does not a pro-tour make. O.K. i'm off the soap box. I guess I'm jealous of everyone in vegas this week. Ya'll have a good time and be safe.

KacyZ28
11-02-2004, 04:32 PM
to bad i just saw this Edwardsville is bout 10-15 min from me I coulda taken som pics if someone was intrested