PDA

View Full Version : crossflow mufflers camaro/nova

Fuelie Fan
07-31-2006, 03:35 PM
I was wondering if anybody has heard either the magnaflow crossflow muffler or the pypes crossflow on a vehicle. I had the flowmaster 17104 crossflow system before and it got a little annoying in a daily driver, I'm looking for something more mellow. I'm trying to avoid a basic true dual system pretty much out of pure stubborn thick headedness, I like how much better the crossflow tucks up. BUT if these two are on the level of the flowmasters as far as loudness or droning then I would go to the true dual and salvage my eardrums (not to mention save about $100).

On a related note, magnaflow lists a crossflow system for camaros, but not for novas? I'm thinking they're not that different, think it would fit?

Tom Welch
07-31-2006, 03:55 PM
I haven't seen a Magnaflow system but I've heard and read that they don't fit very well. I believe that the Magnaflow is a good muffler though. I have seen and installed several crossflow mufflers and the super turbo type is a good balance between sound and noise if you know what I mean. Magnaflow is quieter than Flowmaster any day. Walker makes a good turbo type and a muffler called the ultraflow. It is a really good design that is reasonably quiet until you floor it.

JL8Jeff
08-01-2006, 07:52 AM
Pypes has a crossflow muffler as well and I'm sure it would be quieter than a Flowmaster. Check them out at www.Pypesexhaust.com (http://www.Pypesexhaust.com) as they have complete systems or just the muffler.

rocketman
08-09-2006, 05:50 PM
try a hooker aeroflow muffler,there nice,I know alot of camaro guys running them

Fuelie Fan
08-09-2006, 05:53 PM
cool, didn't realize they had a dual in/dual out...