PDA

View Full Version : LT1 oil filter

paul67
07-31-2006, 01:21 PM
On my 94 corvette LT1 i need to change the oil filter have used purolator filters but that was because i could get them when i the US here in the UK I can only find fram at the moment would you use them or try some other make if so what and the filter part number please , desperate as its just about to be used the road, the puro was a pl 24011 the fram i.ve been told would do is ph 3980.
thanks paul

WS6
07-31-2006, 05:49 PM
Can you not get Wix or AC Delco? Not sure on the Wix number but Delco will be the PF52 I believe. Might try the website for Wix. I try to stay away from Fram personally. STP filters aren't bad.

Oh I know. You should be able to get a Mobil 1 filter over there or even a K&N filter. Both those would do well.

Samckitt
08-01-2006, 01:40 PM
What is wrong with Fram?

paul67
08-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Seen on many a web site that they implode and also the making of them is not that good any more, plus do not filter as well, after a lot of searching found that the uk supplier for purolator is only a couple of miles away ,so was able to get 1 , also they are owned by bosch now.

WS6
08-01-2006, 07:00 PM
Purolator is owned by Bosch or Fram is? Bosch is good stuff.

Scot most independent studies find Fram build quality and materials used to be very lacking compared to others like Mobil 1, AC Delco, Purolator. Also if you run an engine that has high oil pressure like Olds engines, they tend to cause Fram filters to expand. Supposedly old CJ Jeeps also cause this to occur. Fram air filters are perfectly fine, fuel filters too.

paul67
08-02-2006, 12:24 AM
purolator is now owned by bosch

Samckitt
08-02-2006, 02:13 AM
I see, thanks. I have used Fram for years with no problems. I used to use AC Delco for my truck when they were available at Wal-Mart.