PDA

View Full Version : Cartek clutch

ls1olds
10-31-2004, 05:55 PM
Anyone know anything about the Cartek clutch package? How good is it, cause I was thinkin about getting it for my 98 Trans Am.

ls1olds
10-31-2004, 06:19 PM
Anyone know anything about the Cartek clutch package? How good is it, cause I was thinkin about getting it for my 98 Trans Am.

and what about the Mcleod single disc package and twin disc package? i dont know what to buy, someone help hehe

Novacane
11-02-2004, 11:14 PM
I am a dealer for Cartek in Upstate NY. I have installed many of there units and they are VERY strong. How much power do you plan on making? Do you also drag race the car?

The trade off for serious grip is a sticky clutch. That clutch when warmed up can chatter a bit when engaged. I have one in my 632 HP C5 in which I leave the line at 5500 with ET streets and It has never slipped!

There are a few other clutch's out there with good grip that might be a bit smoother on the street. If you want a high output clutch, buy it! Make sure you get the hydraulics as well.

Texas Hotrod
11-11-2004, 07:08 PM
Hey Novacane.
What are some specs on the Cartek clutch. Weight, size and streetability? I might need one for future use on a project that I have.
How's the Quadra-steer? I'd like to get that on my next H.D.

Thanks.

ls1olds
12-23-2004, 01:51 PM
I am a dealer for Cartek in Upstate NY. I have installed many of there units and they are VERY strong. How much power do you plan on making? Do you also drag race the car?

The trade off for serious grip is a sticky clutch. That clutch when warmed up can chatter a bit when engaged. I have one in my 632 HP C5 in which I leave the line at 5500 with ET streets and It has never slipped!

There are a few other clutch's out there with good grip that might be a bit smoother on the street. If you want a high output clutch, buy it! Make sure you get the hydraulics as well.
I really don't plan on drag racing it TOO much, and I won't be putting out that much hp for a very very long time. So maybe something more streetable i suppose? any input?

Nine Ball
12-27-2004, 06:30 PM
The Cartek setup didn't chatter at all in my previous '98 Formula. It was a 10-second car and it was my daily driver. I actually went through two Cartek clutches in that car, they lasted quite a long time also.

Not to mention they were strong enough to net me some 1.4 60' times with the wheels in the air, and my car was no lightweight (3625 lbs)

Tony

ls1olds
12-31-2004, 04:00 PM
sounds good to me! :)

Smoke'm
04-06-2005, 07:52 PM

Hit your pm's.