PDA

View Full Version : Super find at super chevy with glass

jeff5347
07-30-2006, 04:29 PM
Hey guys, Went to the Super Chevy show yesterday at Epping NH. It wasnt a bad show. What was really good is i bought the lh and rh 1/4 windows and a pass door window for 20 buck!!! 20 bucls. Man they are in good shape no scratches just dirty. Cleaned them and they look like new. My question is the hardware on the windows is rusted. No biggie ive been sanding them and they are pretty good. My question is the nuts or washers i guess that holds the hardware to the windows i was cutrious about. Want to get the hardware off and i have let the stuff sit with wd 40 on it but, does anyone know how to unscrew the washer like screws off to clean the parts thourgholy. They dont seem to budge. Anyone have this problem?

yellowrallys
07-30-2006, 07:21 PM
you need a special wrench for the nuts. Try a glass shop.

jeff5347
07-31-2006, 08:24 AM
thanks yellow. Ill try one and see if they can help.

Jeff

toofun
08-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Hey Jeff,

You didnt say what the 1/4's were off of? What year and car do you have? Are you looking to get parts for first gen camaro? I have some odds and ends so if you are looking for something let me know.

Mark
TOOFUN

turner69camaro
08-11-2006, 03:40 AM
Here's an easy way to remove the nuts. Soke them first with WD40 then take a pair of needle nose pliers and stick them in the grooved area of the nut. Then take a pair of vise grips while holding the needle nose pliers in the nut groove and attach them to the pliers as close to the nut as you can. Twist the vise grips and your nut will come off.

Kevin

jeff5347
08-11-2006, 09:58 AM
oh my bad. The windows are for a 68 camaro. Turner, when i did get the windows that night i spray wd40 on them. I havent tried since. i will repsay them and try in the moring. Thanks for the help guys.