PDA

View Full Version : Streets of Willow Springs 9/3/04

JonB69FB
08-16-2004, 11:57 AM
I posted this on the old board but didn't receive any replies, so I figured I'd post it here as well.

I'm going to have my '69 Firebird at the Speed Ventures (http://www.speedventures.net) track day at Streets of Willow Springs on the 3rd of September, and it'd be really cool if I wasn't the only old American car there.

From the Speed Ventures website:

Price: $120 one day ( + $30 instructor fee required for novices per day)

The Streets of Willow Springs is a favorite short track in the Los Angeles area, popular with magazines for car tests and an excellent learning track as well. Turns are moderate-speed (35 - 70mph), making it a safe place to take your street car and find its limits. All the turns but one have wide runoff areas of well-packed dirt. This track is highly-recommended for car and driver development due to it's lower-speed, technical nature.

We'll be running the full track with the bowl clockwise. We will be running four run groups, with five sessions per group, totalling 2+ hours per group. Details on the day's schedule are available here.

In my experience Speed Ventures events are very well run, and the people that attend are friendly and helpful.

HOT OHC
08-16-2004, 09:01 PM
If my car were running I would be all over this. I have had Speed Ventures book marked for a while now.

JonB69FB
09-04-2004, 09:33 PM
Well the event is over. Had a blast! I've posted videos in the Multimedia section.