PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy 500HP LSX motor!!

fletcherscustoms
07-27-2006, 08:42 AM
I have scrapped the previous notion of doing a twin turbo setup in my car. And I am now on the lookout for a 500+HP Lsx motor for my 69 Camaro. Plans are 500+ to the rears, maybe a Harrop intake, full MSD ingnition, Speartech harness. Just looking for info on who to get the motor from and what front accessoried work with Vintage A/C and power steering. I am total newbie when it comes to FI, been a cab guy my entire life!

DJW32
07-27-2006, 09:38 AM
Where are you located?
Did you try LS1tech.com? They have sections for everything
www.ls1tech.com (http://www.ls1tech.com)

fletcherscustoms
07-27-2006, 09:40 AM
I am in Southern GA! yeah I have been lurking on Ls1 for a couple of weeks! Just looking for opnions on who to go to

SLED28
07-27-2006, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the phone call boilmaker. One of the guys I worked with at another shop put a LS1 in his 67, so let me know if you questions about that side of it too. Made it in GMHTP back in the day, I think we we're the first to convert a 1st gen over 5yrs ago...
Dave

fletcherscustoms
07-27-2006, 12:46 PM
I am heading to the beach now for the weekend. But when I get back in town Monday I'll be giving you a call to send the 50% and get some more info!

Could you put me together a recommended list of parts I'll need to finish. I know I'll be running the harrop intake, but need suggestions for ignition, accessories, etc! Thanks for all your help

malibu9in
07-27-2006, 02:58 PM
If you can afford the Harrop then I would build something no less than 650 at the wheels... Texas has some of the best LSX builders in the country. LS1Tech is the bible of this motor. I am building a 408 for my malibu and my main goal is 500 at the wheels. That king of the entry level nowadays.

fletcherscustoms
07-27-2006, 03:17 PM
Car will be a daily driven car! Not gonna see any drag strip or anything like that! Plus I think 500 at teh rear will be more than enough on any road coarse I ever attend. Hell it was all I could do to keep from blowing the tires on my 383 SBC with only 375 to the rear.

Planning on a 402 LS2 with some other goodies! Should get 550 to the rears I hope, for around $9K for the long block

John McIntire
07-27-2006, 04:28 PM
Did you read the latest PHR?? They dyno tested a crate LS2 straight from GM and threw some headers on it and got 472 HP from it. Not bad for something right out of the crate, especially when its only rated at "400" HP. Makes you wonder what the LS7 is capable of!

fletcherscustoms
07-27-2006, 04:42 PM
yeah I seen that! I still got to figure out 100% what I want to do. My last car "shop beater" made 375 to the rear and was plenty enough to get me in trouble. I think 550Hp and the FI will be plenty. CAr is gonna be driven a whole hell of a lot!! Thinking about actually driving it from GA to Vegas for SEMA. That should be a fun trip

Samckitt
07-27-2006, 05:05 PM
How about an LS7 427 from GM Performance Parts? Got an extra $15K laying around?

Scot

SLED28
07-27-2006, 08:10 PM
I am heading to the beach now for the weekend. But when I get back in town Monday I'll be giving you a call to send the 50% and get some more info!

Could you put me together a recommended list of parts I'll need to finish. I know I'll be running the harrop intake, but need suggestions for ignition, accessories, etc! Thanks for all your help

Yes I can do that. I think the stock ecm w/ aftermarket harness is the best bet though, cause many people now have the tuning software (HP Tuners) and it will be easy to find a tuner in your area...
Dave

shanekennedy
07-28-2006, 04:07 AM
have you looked @ http://www.turnkeyenginesupply.com/

& there's http://www.Southernperformancesystems.com in georgia