PDA

View Full Version : DC control unit...

protour_chevelle
07-26-2006, 10:30 AM
I want the fan to run till the temperature is where it should be after I shut off the engine... I wired it like it tells me to but the fan still idles even when the car is at 80 degrees f. The controller is set for 175ish I believe...

Do I have to run a switch for the fan if I wire it this way or does it run for a certain period of time?

-Matt

73z-6sp
07-27-2006, 10:51 AM
I have a DC controller that continuosly runs the fan even if the engine hasnt ran in hours or days! I dont even have the ignition source wired in. As for your question, are you asking how to make it run continuosly after shutting the engine down or how to stop it from running?

protour_chevelle
07-28-2006, 12:22 AM
My set-up does the exact same... I thought that you could wire these things so it would keep running after shutting the engine off till the proper temp was hit, then it would stop running? What is the point in running the yellow wire directly to a 12v source if it will never shut off.... Running a aux switch is the only thing I can think of...

-Matt

73z-6sp
07-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Im glad to hear I am not the only one experiencing this. I dont think we have them wired incorrectly do you? I have looked it over and looked at the wiring diagram. Its not very difficult to wire this thing up! So, Im sorry to hear that you are having the same problem. Maybe someone else may have a fix?

Best of Luck

73z-6sp
09-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Does anyone know what became of the DC guy. I have emailed and never any responses. Gmachinz was looking into it for me also but nothing from them either. Its like everyone disappeared!

Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello?

19topless69
09-18-2006, 04:36 AM
Any word yet? Was getting ready to order my DC control for
my Mark fan.

19topless69
09-18-2006, 04:43 AM
Go to Gmachinz ebay store- now selling Spal controller HMMM?

BonzoHansen
09-18-2006, 11:52 AM
Jabin says they had issues with the DCC and no longer carry it, but other than his comments and these, I’ve never heard of any issues. I kind of thought I’d see more complaints here or similar sites if the problems were widespread. I haven’t hooked mine up yet.

Is there e phone number on the DCC site?

jeff5347
09-18-2006, 04:53 PM
i spoke with Jabin when i was getting my dc controller. tHe reason he went with spal isnt because there better but for delivery on time. He stated to me, as i witnessed also, it takes a while to get the controller. Can say it was worth the wait as it is a cool (no pun intended) and very helpful device. So order, you will wait 2-3 wks though.

gmachinz
09-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Hey, everybody-I am offering the Spal units now. For me, this is a better situation all around. If anybody needs, feel free to drop me a line-even though we no longer carry the DC Controls line, I am still offering my services to help troubleshoot any problems you may have with any of the controllers. I am still running a couple DC Controllers myself so I can't see why some may be having difficulties with the units. All I can say is email Brian and see what he can offer for suggestions. -Jabin

J2speedandcustom
09-19-2006, 07:21 AM
We have one wired up on a 69 with Mark 8 fan. Ours is wired direct to a 12v source for continuous running. The fan cycles when the motor is off, and will cycle faster to slower for 10 - 30 minutes depending on the outside temp.

baskin
09-30-2006, 01:13 AM
I want the fan to run till the temperature is where it should be after I shut off the engine... I wired it like it tells me to but the fan still idles even when the car is at 80 degrees f. The controller is set for 175ish I believe...

Do I have to run a switch for the fan if I wire it this way or does it run for a certain period of time?

-Matt

How do you have it wired? If you're using the U/D jumper, you need the ignition input connected to a switched source

baskin
09-30-2006, 01:14 AM
Does anyone know what became of the DC guy. I have emailed and never any responses. Gmachinz was looking into it for me also but nothing from them either. Its like everyone disappeared!

Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello?

I did an email search for Aaron and your email address from your site and didn't find anything, I've got too many emails to search by date, did you figure this one out?