PDA

View Full Version : Where to get 1.6 or 1.8 nozzle for Harbor Freight gun

BA.
07-24-2006, 12:34 PM
I decided to save a few bucks on this gun since it's going to be for primer only, and I'll probably never do another car. :)

That being said, I read here and elsewhere that the Harbor Freight HVLP gravity feed gun was decent and good enough at $65.

I bought it, but it only comes with a 1.5 nozzle. They dont' have any other nozzles at the local HF store, nor could I find any on their website.

I tried a local auto paint supply shop, a big one, and they said they only have nozzles for the typical big names like Devilbiss, Sharpe, Binks, etc. Not my lowly Central Pnuematic. :(

Anyone that has one of these guns, did you use a bigger nozzle to shoot epoxy primer? If so, where did you get it?

Happyfunballs
07-25-2006, 04:56 AM
The 1.5 should be good enough to spray the epoxy, although you may need to reduce it a bit. I doubt that you will be able to find a needle, fluid tip, and nozzle as a kit for that gun. As a matter of fact, it will probably be difficult to find a rebuild kit for it. I would use a CP gun for primer all day long.