PDA

View Full Version : Help!, Demon jr pump shot problems...

acadian
07-22-2006, 12:48 PM
i have a problem with a 525cfm demon jr on a stock rebuild 283 with performer intake and cam, when i lighly depress the throttle(street driving) it pops thru the carb. problem is that the pump shot is too lean but it looks like the squirter is not the problem and here's why.(different squirter were tried with no noticeable improvement)

if i depress the pump lever quickly, the pump shot looks ok but if i depress the pump lever slowly , the pump shot is not nice at all and there is more air than fuel escaping from the squirter for at least the initial third of the lever travel.

i solved many other problem since i removed it brand new from the box(too long transfer tube that prevented the bowl from fully seating on the bowl gasket that leaked like crazy, sticking and binding choke linkage, removed burrs on the secondary shaft linkage that pulled the secondaries mecanically for at least 3/16" on a vac secondary carb !!!!!!! )

i expected to do tuning on a new carb but rebuilding a brand new demon was not expected...

all thoses annoying problems were solved but the weak pump shot is pushing all my buttons now...

help!, help!, help!

acadian
08-04-2006, 10:45 PM
sent two e-mail to their tech staff mail box describing the problem.

still no answer from them a week and a half later...

very deceiving...

Tech @ BG
08-07-2006, 06:51 AM
We apologize for the delay, not sure where you're sending the emails, or if there is a problem but we do not show any emails from you.

If the problem only happens under light acceleration (like pulling out of a parking spot, or away from your driveway) than the accelerator pump (or squirter) generally would not come into play. It’s going to be fuel from the idle circuit. The way you’re describing the problem its sounds like you’re too lean. The first thing to try would be coming out a little on the idle mixture screws to see if this helps. From there we’d want to raise the primary float level up a little to get the main circuit to activate sooner. At that point if you’re still having this problem we may need to readjust the butterflies to help your drivability. What RPM are you idling the engine at?

You can always contact our technical department directly at (706) 864-8544.