PDA

View Full Version : electric fuel pump

2lofosho
07-13-2006, 10:53 AM
im going to put and electric fuel pump on the lincoln for now because i refuse to pay 150 bucks for a factory replacement that causes vapor lock. any ways does the fuel pump have to be lower than the tank? or is this just a rumor? i would like to mount it in the engine bay or inside the fender behind the wheel well.

2lofosho
07-14-2006, 06:33 AM
what the heck. best builders and fabricators in the world lol 8 views and not one of yall know the answer j/k but i would like to know the answer no matter how dumb the question may be

hectore3
07-15-2006, 11:20 AM
Yes it would be preferable to be lower than the tank for an external pump. Look at Bosch street pumps for something that is quiet for road use.

Run a filter before and after your pump. Many people use stainless braided hose because it is easy and it works. I prefer to run -10AN aluminum tubing with my Aeromotive sump. With short pieces of braided hose to the carb. The short answer is that rubber hose will be degraded over time with use by fuel and contaminate things downstream. Send me a PM and I will be of more use. Peace.

Chad-1stGen
07-15-2006, 11:41 AM
I've run 4 vehicles with electric fuel pumps. 2 boats and 2 cars. All of them have had the pump withing about 1 to 2 inches of the top of the tank and I never had any problems. In regards to the below the tank thing. However, if you can find a lower spot go for it.

2lofosho
07-15-2006, 03:14 PM
thats the thing this car will be bagged and lay body on the ground and i dont have much of a choice because the rear end has to have room to go up into and need room for the link bars. and the engine bay or inside the front fender not the wheel well but actualy inside the fender because i dont know if you guys know these cars but there is plenty of room inside there. i was just curious because i was told that if the pump is above the tank it will burn it up.

cad
07-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Talk to the mfr of the pump. Holley, for example, recommends the pump to be below the lowest level of fuel since it is a pusher, instead of a puller.
http://www.holley.com/data/Products/Technical/Fuel%20Pump%20Tech%20Info.pdf