PDA

View Full Version : 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi projects

PlumFloored
07-10-2006, 02:11 PM
Who is building what with new Hemis here?

Beeper
07-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Eventually I'll be putting a 6.1 Hemi into my roadrunner.

DusterRT
07-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Hopefully something someday..lol

Dodgenut64
08-04-2006, 05:04 PM
me. most likey a 5.7, maybe a 6.1 (i like the intake better on the 6.1). im putting it into my 64 dart gt convertible. i recently bought an Alterktion unit with hemi motor mounts from Bill at RMS. its gonna be a tight fit in my early A-body, but she should zip right along at only 3000lbs. i had to switch from a 4 bolt master to a 2 bolt to clear the coilpack. also bill has an offset for the steering column to move it over a touch to clear the edge of the head. i may have to notch the passengerside fenderwell, otherwise id have to jack up the motor to get the valvecover off. im not even ready for the engine yet, im going off notes from bills site. the car hemi will be a harder fit because of the low mounted alternator, but the truck hemi should clear the hood (A/C may be tight if i even use a/c). gotta get the alterktion payed off, then wheels/brakes/ and tires, then im gonna go for the engine. ill have plenty of room for headers, but may use manifolds. im going for a "what if the factory did this car" theme. i think im gonna go with the tko 500 and a set of 323s or 355s. i posted some cool pics in the welcome forum of some nice 64s. mine is primered and the last ouner painted the enginebay. i got a long way to go, but im in no rush. i really cant dump a ton of money into my car until my daily drivers payed off (year and a 1/2). then things should start rolling faster.
nice bee by the way i love the front end of those, looks like the bees eyes. any important info on new hemi swaps you could share with us newbies?

Steve Chryssos
08-04-2006, 07:04 PM
What's up Ben.

Ron S
08-06-2006, 04:07 AM
The tech page on my site has alot of swap info http://mysite.verizon.net/ls6ron/

mdurbahn
08-06-2006, 09:08 PM
Anyone know if there is a way to make a BB 727 adapt to the 5.7?

Ron S
08-07-2006, 04:08 AM
A Small Block Bolts Right Up

mdurbahn
08-24-2006, 06:57 AM
The 5.7 Swap.

It's time for me to start gathering parts for the hemi swap into my 67 Coronet. I would like to have everything sitting in my garage before I start. Nothing is worse then having to wait a few days to fire up a new engine because I forgot to order a part. So I would like to post all of the parts needed, and the different varieties (i.e. TTI headers, Hooker Headers, GM Electronics, etc)

From reading other post I have gathered I need:

Hemi Engine from 2003 DC Vehicle or Crate Engine-Price, 2000-7,000$
727 SB Transmission(stick isnt an option) -Price, 200$ for parts
Driveshaft-Reuse Stock -Free,
Radiator-Custom? -Price,$500?
Engine Mounts-Stock Abody -Price,$50
Headers-TTI,Hooker -Price,$500
Electronics-Stock,GM,(no standalone) -Price, Unknown
Fuel System-FBO, Custom (tank,pump,etc) -Price,$1000?
Oil Pan-PFC? -Price,$250
Radiator Hoses? -?

How does that list look? Can you guys you have done it fill in some of the blanks with other manufactures,prices,and pieces?

Thanks!

MrQuick
08-24-2006, 10:52 PM
Go with a crate drop in...6.1L available real soon. Im told the 392 is here but BO'ed. I could not find a PN.

That will save you a lot of dough on the electonics and FI. 4 wire hook up. Custom tank should be able to find for no more than $800.